Index Exchange is looking for an Systems Administrator to join our Toronto Downtown office. The IT team at IX provides comprehensive support to our 430+ employees working around the globe. This role will focus primarily on providing support to internal users in all of Toronto, as well as helping the team deliver on some of their ambitious global initiatives. You’ll be responsible for providing end user support in these key locations including configuration of machines for new hires, supporting Mac, Windows and Linux users. In addition to your support duties, we’re also looking for someone who has experience troubleshooting network issues, setting up audio/video equipment and experience with Linux and Powershell. An important part of this role will be your ability to work independently and to partner with end users across different geographies.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Support IX users in Toronto and remotely
- Responsible for the initial setup and configuration of workstations and accounts
- Troubleshoot day-to-day technical issues with machines, peripherals, email, printers, phones, and applications
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining audio/video equipment in meeting rooms and for company-wide video conference meetings
- Occasional travel to different locations to provide support as offices in different countries expand and hire more employees
- Support other internal and cloud services used by Index Exchange as required (Jira/Confluence, G-Suite, JumpCloud, Slack, BlueJeans, etc.)
- Participate and manage IT implementation projects as required
Here’s what you need to have:
- 6+ years of Windows end-user support experience in a similar role
- 2 + years of Mac end-user support experience in a similar role
- 2+ years experience with Linux and Powershell
- Ability to work across different teams, especially remotely, to identify and resolve issues quickly
- Exceptional customer service and communications skills
- Experience working on small team with lots of autonomy - you need to be comfortable pushing your own projects and getting things done without a lot of oversight
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- A bright and lively shared office space in Toronto Downtown easily accessible by public transit or bike
- No dress code and space to unwind, decompress and play games
- 100% coverage for health and dental benefits, 5% RRSP matching, and $5 monthly gym memberships at Goodlife
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
Back to top