Strategic Account Manager
Index Exchange is seeking a seasoned Strategic Account Manager to join our growing, collaborative team in New York City! Bringing 5-7 years of client service experience focused on strengthening revenue on a technical platform with top tier publishers, the Strategic Account Manager will be working in a Client Services pod to support partner relationships with our premium publishers. The Client Services pod consists of Account Management (AM), Account Operations (AO), Publisher Relationship Managers (PRM), Sales Engineers (SE) and Exchange Analysts (XA); all equipped with specialized expertise for support and health of our outstanding publishers.
Here’s what we want:
Knowledgeable: In depth understanding of IX products and tool-set will be a core requirement, while acting as an integral resource for questions, issues and requests. Expertise in Salesforce and DFP (ad serving) will be needed to best serve our clients capitalizing on reporting and analytical tools to drive insights.
Collaborative: Teamwork is key in Client Services and you’ll need to work cross-functionally with other Index Exchange teams (Platform Services, Publisher Development, Product, and Exchange/Data Analysts) to implement operational strategies, create feedback/insight/reports and document new processes to help improve the client experience
Positive: It is the Strategic Account Manager’s job to ensure that IX exceeds our publishers’ expectations by acting as a strategic advisor and programmatic specialist. Ability to work independently and to be responsible, enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated is a must
Strategic: The relationships and business you will be managing represent our top tier publishers, which require white glove service by all support members in the organization, which will be owned by the Strategic Account Manager. You will have a direct line of contact with key decision makers for their accounts and are expected to successfully push IX’s new solutions.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Day-to-day contact for our publisher partners and point person for all client discussions.
- Manage and develop client relationships for IX’s top tier, high revenue driving clients through the full life-cycle of the account — pre-sales support, account vetting, onboarding, client UI walk-throughs, ongoing relationship & yield management and quarterly business planning
- Drive publisher strategy by monitoring & analyzing key performance trends, and optimizing open and private marketplace performance.
- Drive IX product adoption and upsells through a deep understanding of client needs and product knowledge, while being the day-to-day contact for our publisher partners and point person for all client discussions.
- Utilize Salesforce and other internal systems to ensure all account information is accurate and up to date.
- Create end-to-end strategies for new publishers and product implementations.
- Identify actionable insights and new revenue opportunities for our partners to increase revenue and drive greater marketplace demand
- Track, resolve and/or escalate client issues while communicating updates and managing expectations both internally and externally
- Participate in regular knowledge share sessions to share and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing campaign performance.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our New York office serves as our strategic hub and headquarters. Located in the Flatiron District, this office houses the majority of our Client Services, Marketing and Executive teams
- We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and no expense to employee, 401(K), maternity/paternity leave as well as a fantastic vacation policy
- Perks include a fully stocked fridge/pantry/bar, catered lunches every Friday and views of the Empire State Building!
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
Director, Emerging Media
As the Director of Emerging Media, Andrew leads the Demand Team, which means bringing on new demand sources that are focused on mobile and video supply.
Back to top