Senior Technical Writer (Developer Documentation)
Index Exchange is looking to expand our Documentation team by adding a Senior Technical Writer. Awesome products deserve awesome documentation; like our products and solutions, our documentation is expertly crafted to meet customer needs and help them solve problems.
In this role, you’ll own the technical product documentation for one of our products or core systems. You’ll work closely with colleagues in Product and Engineering as you research, plan, write, and review documentation for our external knowledge base, including articles, release notes, and API docs. This role gives you the opportunity to combine your passion for tech with your stellar writing skills to produce high-quality, highly technical documentation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Authoring the external-facing technical product documentation for a product or core system, including Knowledge Base articles, Release Notes, and API docs.
- Setting the vision for the architecture, structure, and content of your documentation, always keeping customer needs in mind to guide these decisions
- Assessing existing documentation to proactively identify and address gaps.
- Editing internal and external technical documentation, including peer reviewing other writers’ work.
- Providing input and edits for UI copy.
- Contributing to team projects, such as updating our documentation standards and best practices.
We want someone who is:
- Curious: You’re not afraid to ask questions. You feel a strong need to understand the full context and technical concepts behind what you’re working on.
- Technical: You love technology and have a high technical aptitude. You can easily understand (and aren’t intimidated by) complex systems.
- Proactive: You take ownership of your assigned product area. You take the initiative to keep up-to-date with what we’re building and follow up when necessary to unblock yourself and move work forward.
- Passionate: You’re fully engaged with your assigned product area. You take a lot of pride in your work and strive for continuous improvements.
- Results-Oriented: You’re driven by KPIs. You understand the business problems that you’re trying to solve with your documentation and are obsessed with meeting customer needs.
- Empathetic: You advocate for users. You have a deep understanding of their needs and align your approach accordingly.
Here’s what you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English and/or a Technical Writing certificate.
- 7 or more years of experience writing highly technical documentation, including APIs.
- Expert knowledge of single-source authoring tools (such as Madcap Flare) to produce documentation.
- Ad tech experience would be a significant asset, but is not astrict requirement.
- Experience working on a dev team (either as a developer or in a related role) is an asset.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office.
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration.
- Free snacks, beverages, and catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible hours and relaxed dress code.
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings.
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
All applicants are required to submit a portfolio of work samples or links to their work.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
Back to top