Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
- Waterloo, Canada
We’re looking for a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer who is eager to demonstrate leadership and technical acumen, who writes quality code and enjoys offering guidance, mentorship and direction to their teams.
Index Exchange is an innovative and fast-growing Canadian success story with engineering at the core of everything we do. The software you will touch runs on 5,000+ servers spread across 9 data centres around the globe, handling 60 billion complex transactions per day, 24/7/365. It doesn’t get more exciting than this!
Here’s What We Want
- Leaders: You know how to work with a team of engineers, mentoring and guiding junior members of the team, as well as leveraging your own knowledge and experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions and find creative ways to solve problems while working with others amicably and presenting your viewpoints
- High Standards: You enjoy designing, writing, and testing high quality scalable code, within a robust CI and CD DevOps tooling culture
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn. We’re always open to new ideas — that’s how we got where we are today, and we need more
Here’s What You’ll be Doing
- You’ll be working on cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- You’ll have very cool projects to work on and fascinating problems to solve
- Some of the projects you’ll be working on include real-time ad bidding for connected TV and optimized real-time bidding in the mobile space
- You will see your code in action every day and you definitely won’t be bored in this role
- Designing, writing, and testing robust and reliable code
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing and estimating work in an agile environment
Here’s What You Have
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Expertise in algorithms, performance optimization, design patterns and memory optimization
- You are talented, fast learner and embrace change
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you – we greatly value people and interactions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, and an understanding that compromise, negotiation and practicality are important qualities
- Experience designing, writing and testing high quality clean back-end server-side code in a large and scalable deployment environment
- Knowledge in any of the following are assets:
- C++, Python and Scala
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, Aerospike
- Any other tools or techniques that would make sense for us
We’re looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it.
Here’s Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Working out of our downtown Kitchener office
- Our offices speak to who we are: wide-open spaces where we can freely collaborate
- We have flexible hours and no dress code
- Annual celebrations (BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Career mentoring and skills training
- The ability to work on high performing software that processes enormous data volumes
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership and contribute from day one, as our business and industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting and developing every employee. We aren’t perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn and improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate and learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
See Inside the Office of Index Exchange
Index Exchange is a fully transparent advertising marketplace where premium digital media companies can sell their ad impressions, in real time, to programmatic buyers. Built on the pillars of neutrality, openness, and the most reliable technology, IX aspires to be the ad exchange that media companies can trust. Led by an experienced team of industry experts and pioneers, IX has built a company on the premise that automation is the future.
Back to top