This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Deals and Buyer Experience team. This group supports Programmatic Guaranteed (PG), exchange platform, direct deals, Publisher and Buyer UIs, and people based opt-out. The ideal candidate is an experienced developer who is eager to demonstrate leadership and technical acumen by offering guidance, mentorship, and direction to our teams.
Index Exchange (IX) is a Canadian engineering success story processing 180 billion auction transactions daily, each within the tight time constraints of milliseconds. That is more daily than credit card transactions worldwide in a MONTH. We are the “stock exchange” for large advertising opportunity buyers and sellers.
The work we do requires high quality code in a large and scalable deployment environment, complex problem solving, understanding of Agile software development, and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We are looking for Engineers who want to be invested in the business and are aware of the impact their effort makes.
What are we looking for?
- Leadership: You know how to work with a team of engineers, mentoring and guiding junior members as well as leveraging your own knowledge and experience to make sound decisions.
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions and creative ways to tackle problems while working with others amicably and presenting your viewpoints.
- Technical Curiosity: Learning new frameworks and languages excites you – you are not satisfied with the status quo; we are always open to new ideas – that’s how we got where we are today and we need more.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing
- You’ll be working on cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- You’ll have very cool projects to work on and fascinating problems to solve
- Some of the projects you’ll be working on include real-time ad bidding for connected TV and optimized real-time bidding in the mobile space
- You will see your code in action every day and you definitely won’t be bored in this role
- Designing, writing, and testing robust and reliable code
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing and estimating work in an agile environment
Here’s What You Have
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working with backend server side code in a large and scalable deployment environment
- Expertise in algorithms, performance optimization, design patters, and memory optimization
- You are a talented and fast learner who embraces change
- A strong desire to work with and learn from the talented people around you – we greatly value people and interactions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, and an understanding that compromise, negotiation and practicality are important qualities
- Knowledge of real-time ad bidding for connected TV or in the mobile space is a nice to have
- Experience working with Linux environments and resilient and scalable platforms is an asset
- Knowledge in any of the following are assets:
- Golang, C++, Perl, Python and Scala
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, Aerospike
We are looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it.
What will you love about working here?
- Our teams are comprised of top talent, and you will be inspired by your colleagues
- We do not have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership and contribute from day one, as our business and industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting and developing every employee. We are not perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn and improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate and learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 – ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.