Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our growing Montreal team and work with an innovative and fast-paced Canadian tech company. The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced developer who is eager to demonstrate their leadership and technical acumen by offering guidance, mentorship and direction to our teams.
The work we do requires complex problem solving, the ability to write high quality code in a very large and scalable deployment environment, an understanding of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, well-developed communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We’re looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it. We use a wide range of programming languages and technologies; more than anything you need to show us who you are as we greatly value people and interactions. Do some research on the company and be prepared to discuss what we do. If you can’t figure it out, make sure you have some great questions prepared. We want our Engineers invested in our business and aware of the impact their effort makes.
Here’s what we want:
- Experience and Leadership: You are not a manager but you do know how to work with a team of developers and can help mentor and guide junior members of the team as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best solution, regardless of where it comes from
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn
Here’s what you have:
- 7+ years of experience as a full-time Software Engineer
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you. It’s tough to be an individual contributor in this type of environment and compromise and negotiation are key qualities
- Excellent problem solving skills, the ability to think differently, persuade others see your vision but know when to let go
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient and scalable platforms is an asset
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration environment with unit tests and automated tests as part of the development flow
Why you’ll love working here:
- A bright and lively shared office space in Downtown Montreal easily accessible by public transit or bike
- No dress code and space to unwind, decompress and play games
- 100% coverage for health and dental benefits, 5% RRSP matching, and $5 monthly gym memberships at Énergie Cardio
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top