Senior Software Engineer
At Index Exchange, Engineering is the foundation of everything we do. Over the past 2 years, we’ve quadrupled our engineering team and now have 160+ Engineers working across 3 offices in Toronto, Montreal, and Kitchener-Waterloo. With our expansion, we are currently looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our growing Toronto team.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Software Engineer eager to demonstrate leadership and technical acumen. You write quality code and enjoy offering guidance, mentorship, and direction to your teams. We’re looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max and inspire those around you.
Here’s What We Want
- Experience and Leadership: You may not be a manager, but you know how to work with a team of engineers, can help mentor and guide junior members of the team as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people and presenting your viewpoint, but ultimately you work towards the best solution
- Proficiencies: You enjoy designing, writing and testing high quality clean code in a very large and scalable deployment environment, amidst a comprehensive DevOps CI/CD tooling culture
Here’s What You Have
- 7+ years of experience as a full-time Software Engineer, tackling complex problem solving
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you. An overriding desire to raise the code quality of your peers. It’s tough to be an individual contributor in this type of environment, and compromise and negotiation are key qualities
- Excellent problem-solving skills, can influence others but also know when to compromise and just focus on getting it done
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient and scalable platforms is an asset
- Practical knowledge of contemporary development practices and Agile methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, pair programming or test-driven development
- From Angular and Node.js on the front end, Golang, C++, Perl and Scala on the backend, and Python just because, Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, Aerospike for storage and orchestration, just to name a few. We are looking for talented Engineers who can bring modern technologies and techniques to us, and are also fast at learning new and different things
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate and collaborate
- We offer free snacks and drinks as well as catered lunches everyday
- We don't have a dress code or core hours
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- We offer an amazing benefits package, RRSP matching and a $5 monthly gym membership
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES: Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
Head of Buyer Services
Lindsey leads the Buyer Services Team, which is responsible for all account management and operational support for agencies and brand marketers.
Back to top