Senior Publisher Sales Director
We’re looking for a Senior Publisher Sales Director to join our Germany based team and focus on developing relationships with publishers across the DACH and CEE markets. Reporting to the Vice President, Publisher Sales, with a dotted-line to the Managing Director CEE, the role requires a candidate with a deep understanding of the programmatic ecosystem across Europe and who has developed and nurtured strong relationships with executive leaders at publishers in the market. This role is open in either Dusseldorf or Hamburg.
You will use that knowledge and your understanding of IX’s offering to position complex, innovative, real-time media trading solutions as simple, accessible and easy to understand.
This is a highly visible, client facing position that requires strong organisational skills, professionalism and an ability to build trust with senior decision makers at premium digital publishers. You will use your market-specific knowledge and book of contacts to blaze a trail for IX across the market.
Here’s what we want:
Strategic: We want you to provide insights and recommendations to our external stakeholders around the programmatic ecosystem as a whole.
Collaborative: In order to retain and maintain our growing publisher accounts, you will work cross-functionally with internal teams, and become a subject matter expert on the performance and growth of our partners.
Communicative: You will be working with a number of clients at any given time and expected to communicate effectively, and often, both internally and externally. This is a highly visible, client facing role, where building trusted relationships with publishers is essential to success.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build and qualify a sales pipeline of premium publishers across DACH and CEE
- Develop a strong understanding of each publisher’s business and their needs
- Educate publishers on developments in the programmatic ecosystem and how the IX product offering addresses the challenges they face
- Develop sales strategies to identify key decision makers and stakeholders
- Fluidly explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Negotiate commercial terms and address contractual concerns to close agreements
- Work closely with the Partner Development and Solutions consulting teams to ensure a seamless transition from the sales process and into a program of long-term development and nurturing
- Collaborate with publisher account management teams to identify and close upsell opportunities with existing customers
- Provide the leadership team with market updates and revenue forecasts to assist with growth planning
- Partner with Product Marketing to develop localised positioning of IX products and supporting collateral
- Represent and promote the IX brand at relevant IX events and industry events
- Travel required within the DACH and CEE region, and key IX offices in London and Toronto
Here’s what you have:
- 7+ years of publisher technology or digital media sales experience in the DACH market
- In depth knowledge of the online programmatic advertising and industry including technology solutions, advertising / publisher and network business models, technical understanding of ad serving, media trading, RTB and/or related advertising technology
- German language skills and business proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills. Other relevant languages such as Polish are a plus.
Back to top