Senior Product Manager
Our software is used by tens of millions of people around the world everyday and yet what we do is largely invisible. We've built up a strong reputation in the Ad Tech world and we work closely with some of the biggest digital publishers on earth. The system we've built is insanely fast and handles billions of requests everyday and our Engineers are called upon to solve increasingly complex and challenging problems. As an Engineering-first company, we live and die by the quality of our product. We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Growing Product team and help push our product through its next iteration.
If you're passionate about creating great products from scratch, love working with other creative people, value top-tier Eng talent and want to learn and do a lot, Index Exchange could be a great place for you. Typical resume rundowns are welcome but we need to see what you’re excited about and what great products you’ve already created - please include an example or link to a product you've been instrumental in building.
Here’s what we want:
- Collaborative: A natural leader who can rally together teams across Engineering, UX, Marketing, Business Development & Client Services into a Voltron-esque mega-team. You can also herd cats & work with our Project Management team to ensure all the Agile cats are stack ranked and tracked
- Customer Focused: You love speaking with customers from world leading publishers to advertisers and agencies and you’re excited to help publishers grow revenue and digital ad sales to thrive
- Data Driven: Using data to make decisions is second nature to you. You’re great with revenue and customer analytics & you pronounce SQL the right way
- Technical: You enjoy working on big tech problems with Eng where remembering O(n) & O(nlogn) actually matters as n is huge at Index
- Product Knowledge: You have taken your product ideas from conception to market launch and you’ve launched multiple products. Having lived through a few failures is good too
Here’s what you have:
- You love tech and have a B.Sc./B.Eng. in Computer Science, Math, Computer/Software Engineering or Physics
- 2-4 years Product Management experience
- Ad tech experience/exposure/knowledge would be a huge asset but we also have the right people in the company to teach you
- Online video experience (SFW video to be clear) would be fabulous
- The right personality to naturally gel with Engineers, hang out with Sales, brainstorm with Marketing, dig through revenue with our Analysts, and lose gracefully at foosball (not necessarily all at the same time)
Why you’ll love working here:
- Your primary office is at our Engineering HQ in mid-town Toronto
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate and collaborate
- We offer free snacks and drinks as well as catered lunches every day
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- We offer an amazing benefits package, 5% RRSP matching and a $5 monthly Goodlife memberships
Index Exchange is a fully transparent advertising marketplace where premium digital publishers can sell their ad impressions to programmatic buyers in real time by conducting billions of micro-auctions, each lasting a fraction of a second, each and every day. Built on the pillars of neutrality, openness, and the most reliable technology, we aspire to be the ad exchange that online media companies can trust. Led by an experienced team of industry experts and pioneers, we’ve built our company on the premise that automation is the future, but the cost of automation should never be greater than the efficiency it provides.
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top