Senior Product Designer
Our Product Design team at Index Exchange is a close-knit, collaborative group, that crafts experiences to make ad tech easier. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we discover needs and solve fundamental problems that impact the way people experience our products. The Product Design team creates an understanding of our customers, external users, and internal users. We’re looking to hire a Product Designer who will be highly involved in the product development process. We want someone who is passionate about design, technology, community, and finding better ways to bring people together.
As a Senior Product Designer at Index Exchange, you will be highly involved in the product development process in order to deliver high-quality experiences for our users. You will help to define a vision for our new web application, build our design system, and design other new products while helping your team work iteratively towards these goals. You will define the problem, interpret product requirements, and understand the needs of our users while shipping high-quality designs and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems. You will work closely with the Product Design Manager to assist in leading and mentoring a team of multidisciplinary designers while evangelizing design across the company and the local community.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Build strong relationships, influence, and partnerships with leaders inside and outside your core product team to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed
- Advocate for good user experience across our platform by representing our users in product strategy and roadmap discussions. You will also work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Contribute to UX vision and strategy, ensuring consistency, generating buy-in and operationalizing the strategy across larger teams and timelines
- Deliver, review and critique the UX Designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, supreme visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of patterns, voice and tone, etc).
Here's what you have:
- 3+ years of experience in the digital product space with experience designing and shipping product design experiences
- Previous experience owning and executing on UX designs through collaborative decision making with product managers, developers, and other disciplines
- Experience designing mobile first, responsive web applications and understanding how to apply both form and function while maintaining simplicity
- Fluent in prototyping, modern web technologies and knowledge of front-end development to understand the constraints of design
- Proficient with industry-standard tools and software like Sketch, Invision, and good ol’ pen and paper to define work at low and high fidelity.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our Engineering HQ in midtown Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Lunch catered in daily
- Flexible hours and relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
All applicants are required to submit a portfolio of work samples or links to their work.
At Index Exchange. we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate the diversity of race, colour, and ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification- diversity is the human experience. for those who show grit, passion, and humility- IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you'd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top