Senior Operations Engineer
We rely on our Operations Engineering team to build tools in key areas such as server provisioning, continuous integration/deployment, monitoring, and container orchestration. We’re looking for a Senior Operations Engineer to join IX and help us continue to refine and bolster our Ops tool set and DevOps approach. While Ops is a defined team, we believe that DevOps is a way of thinking and we are looking for candidates who can seamlessly work with other Engineering teams to bring complex and challenging projects to fruition.
In a senior role like this, experience in high-availability production systems is an absolute asset - when things do go awry, you understand the criticality of these issues and can operate under pressure and strict deadlines to provide a fix. We’ve gathered exceptional talent on this team and your ability to offer both guidance and technical expertise to enable the development of fellow team members is a huge plus.
Here’s what we want:
Technical: A strong foundation in development operations and experience in what it’s like to solve complex problems and build solutions for things like CI/CD, real-time monitoring, production issues, etc.
Communication: It’s essential that you can relay information and ideas effectively both within and across different teams. While we place a huge premium on technical skill, we vet just as hard on your ability to work with other people
Adaptable: We need someone who has been involved in a 24/7 operation. You will rotate on-call and be responsible for ensuring a swift response to all production system problems at all hours
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Utilize your understanding of DevOps methodologies and design patterns to positively impact the development, deployment, and introspection processes
- Seize upon your experience and knowledge to help guide and mentor other team members
- Use scripting tools like Python, Bash, and Perl to create automation tools
- Build on your basic Ops tool kit including tech like Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins, Vagrant, Docker, Kafka, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, and Grafana
- Working with Big Data tools including Hadoop, HDFS, and HBase
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our Engineering HQ in midtown Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Lunch catered in daily
- Flexible hours and relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
Back to top