Senior Operations Engineer
We rely on our Operations Engineering team to build tools in key areas such as server provisioning, continuous integration/deployment, monitoring, and container orchestration. We’re looking for a Senior Operations Engineer to join IX and help us continue to refine and bolster our Ops tool set and DevOps approach. While Ops is a defined team, we very much believe that DevOps is a way of thinking and we are looking for candidates who can seamlessly work with other Engineering teams to bring complex and challenging projects to fruition.
In a Senior role like this, experience in high-availability production systems is an absolute asset - when things do go awry, you understand the criticality of these issues and can operate under pressure and strict deadlines to provide a fix. We’ve gathered exceptional talent on this team and your ability to offer both guidance and technical expertise to enable the development of fellow team members is a huge plus.
Here’s what we want:
Technical: A strong foundation in development operations and experience in what it’s like to solve complex problems and build solutions for things like CI/CD, real-time monitoring, production issues, etc.
Communication: It’s absolutely essential that you can relay information and ideas effectively both within and across different teams. While we place a huge premium on technical skill, we vet just as hard on your ability to work with other people
Adaptable: We need someone who has been involved in a 24/7 operation. You will rotate on-call and be responsible for ensuring a swift response to any and all production system problems at all hours.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Utilize your understanding of DevOps methodologies and design patterns to positively impact the development, deployment, and introspection processes
- Seize upon your experience and knowledge to help guide and mentor other team members
- Use scripting tools like Python, Bash, and Perl to create automation tools
- Build on your basic Ops tool kit including tech like Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins, Vagrant, Docker, Kafka, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, and Grafana
- Working with Big Data tools including Hadoop, HDFS, and HBase
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our Engineering HQ in midtown Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Lunch catered in daily
- Flexible hours and relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top