Senior Operations Engineer
We rely on our Operations Engineering team to build tools in key areas such as server provisioning, continuous integration/deployment, monitoring, and container orchestration. We’re looking for a Senior Operations Engineer to join IX and help us continue to refine and bolster our Ops tool set and DevOps approach. While Ops is a defined team, we very much believe that DevOps is a way of thinking and we are looking for candidates who can seamlessly work with other Engineering teams to bring complex and challenging projects to fruition.
In a Senior role like this, experience in high-availability production systems is an absolute asset - when things do go awry, you understand the criticality of these issues and can operate under pressure and strict deadlines to provide a fix. We’ve gathered exceptional talent on this team and your ability to offer both guidance and technical expertise to enable the development of fellow team members is a huge plus.
Here’s what we want:
Technical: A strong foundation in development operations and experience in what it’s like to solve complex problems and build solutions for things like CI/CD, real-time monitoring, production issues, etc.
Communication: It’s absolutely essential that you can relay information and ideas effectively both within and across different teams. While we place a huge premium on technical skill, we vet just as hard on your ability to work with other people
Adaptable: We need someone who has been involved in a 24/7 operation. You will rotate on-call and be responsible for ensuring a swift response to any and all production system problems at all hours.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Utilize your understanding of DevOps methodologies and design patterns to positively impact the development, deployment, and introspection processes
- Seize upon your experience and knowledge to help guide and mentor other team members
- Use scripting tools like Python, Bash, and Perl to create automation tools
- Build on your basic Ops tool kit including tech like Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins, Vagrant, Docker, Kafka, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, and Grafana
- Working with Big Data tools including Hadoop, HDFS, and HBase
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our Engineering HQ in midtown Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Lunch catered in daily
- Flexible hours and relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
Director, Emerging Media
As the Director of Emerging Media, Andrew leads the Demand Team, which means bringing on new demand sources that are focused on mobile and video supply.
Back to top