Senior Front End Developer
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Developer who lives and breathes web development. In this role, you will be hands-on coding as well as think and document the best ways to implement code. At IX we hire world-class developers and engineers. We’re very selective as to who we hire, but the ones that we do hire - they love it here.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Solid proficiency with client-side web languages, including:
- Vanilla JS / ES6;
- at least one of Angular 2+, React, Vue, Ember, Meteor;
- at least one UI layout library;
- Advanced CSS and methodologies to structure it
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with all aspects of developing end-to-end data-driven web applications. This includes architecting, coding, debugging, optimizing/refactoring and testing of:
- Cutting edge UIs
- RESTful APIs in any back-end technology (Node, MongoDB), GoLang exposure an asset
- Authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Ability to produce modular, extensible, reusable, supportable, performant and testable code
- Open mind to new technologies; saying Angular is the best because you love it just won’t fly here. We take a quantitative approach when selecting our tech, leaving personal biases aside
- General computer science knowledge such as algorithms, design patterns, software architecture, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Hands on development of brand new cutting-edge code as well as legacy code
- Mentor other developers by not necessarily giving them the answer, but by teaching them how to arrive at that answer themselves
- Enforce good code practices by doing code reviews
- Support your team by unit testing and documenting your code
- Deploy code to various environments (Test/UAT/Production)
- Analyze and estimate work in an agile environment
- Identify room for improvement in our engineering and non-engineering process
- Opportunity to speak at weekly engineering meetings
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
Our Engineering HQ in midtown Toronto is an open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration. Daily catered lunches, flex hours, a kitchen full of snacks and a relaxed dress code is the norm here. All employees also receive full healthcare benefits, RRSP matching, gym memberships, paid training, and regular social events with awesome swag.
Check us out on Glassdoor to see what our employees are saying about us!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
Back to top