Senior Front End Developer
At Index Exchange, Engineering is the foundation of everything we do. We’re looking for Senior Front End Developer who lives and breathes web development. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the challenges facing modern web design and development and they will strive to help our teams make our client-side interface scalable, approachable, and an extraordinary experience.
Besides writing great code, we also build new product features, developer-facing tools, and contribute updates to modernize our legacy code base. Key aspects of this role include helping the rest of our R+D organization build great UI, evangelize code quality, and focus on creating amazing user experience. Typical resume rundowns are welcome but we need to see what pushes you and what you’re enthusiastic about because we want people who are active in the web development community, participate in open source communities and go to various Meetup events.
Here’s what we want:
- Experience and Leadership: You are not a manager but you do know how to work with a team of developers and can help mentor and guide junior members of the team as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions and work towards consensus building
- Problem Solvers: You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best solution, regardless of where it comes from
- Passion: For tech and top-notch code and how you plan to make it better. Send over a GitHub page or a link to something you’ve helped create or your favourite side project
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with other teams across Engineering, Design, Operations, Product, and Commercial to achieve front end solutions and be an advocate for great UI throughout the company
- Build applications that are responsive, performant, accessible, and well-tested and participate in a collaborative code review process built on Git - we want you to be involved in expanding and evangelizing our use of CI/CD
- You will help your team make decisions, define a roadmap and process of how it will get completed
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top