Senior DevOps Engineer
- Toronto, Canada
At Index Exchange, our online advertising exchange manages billions of transactions everyday. Hundreds of premium publishers bet their success on our reliability, security and performance. While Ops is a defined team, we believe that DevOps is a way of thinking and we are looking for candidates who can seamlessly work across our Engineering teams to bring complex and challenging projects to fruition. Reporting to the Operations Engineering Manager, we are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join Index Exchange and help us continue to refine and mature our Ops tool set and DevOps approach. You will be working in our Operations team to build tools in key areas such as server provisioning, continuous integration and deployment, monitoring, alerting, and container orchestration.
The ideal candidate will have experience in highly-available production systems. You will coordinate with Engineers to provide solutions. We’ve gathered exceptional talent on this team and your ability to offer both guidance and technical expertise to enable the development of fellow team members is a huge plus.
Here’s what we want:
- Facilitator: It’s essential that you can relay information and ideas effectively both within and across different teams. While we place a huge premium on technical skill, we value just as much your ability to work with other people
- Adaptable: Our industry moves fast and we need you to keep up and adapt. Acting as a DevOps Engineer, you have the ability to prioritize tasks, often against competing scope and timelines
- Technical: A strong foundation in Operations, and experience in solving complex problems and building solutions (including CI/CD, real-time monitoring, production issues, etc.)
- Rigorous: We design and manage massive, globally distributed systems that handle billions of transactions a day - your approach and solutions need to be thorough, scalable and ironclad
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Utilize your understanding of DevOps methodologies and design patterns to positively impact the development, deployment, and introspection processes
- Seize upon your experience and knowledge to help guide and mentor colleagues
- Write code in Go, Python, Bash, and Perl to create automation tools
- Build on your basic Ops tool kit including tech like Ansible, GitLab CI, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, and Grafana
- Working with Big Data tools including Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, and HBase
- Troubleshoot and fix problems with build and deployment automation
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office*
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- We offer free snacks, drinks, and catered lunches on Fridays*
- Flexible hours and a relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.
Back to top