Publisher Sales Director
- Tokyo, Japan
We’re looking for a Publisher Sales Director to join our Tokyo-based team and focus on developing relationships with publishers across the Japan market. Reporting to the Vice President, Publisher Sales, with a dotted-line to the Managing Director Japan, the role requires a candidate with a deep understanding of the programmatic ecosystem across Japan and who has developed and nurtured strong relationships with executive leaders at publishers in the market.
You will use that knowledge and your understanding of IX’s offering to position complex, innovative, real-time media trading solutions as simple, accessible and easy to understand.
This is a highly visible, client facing position that requires strong organisational skills, professionalism and an ability to build trust with senior decision makers at premium digital publishers. You will use your market-specific knowledge and book of contacts to blaze a trail for IX across the market.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build and qualify a sales pipeline of premium publishers across Japan
- Develop a strong understanding of each publisher’s business and their needs
- Educate publishers on developments in the programmatic ecosystem and how the IX product offering addresses the challenges they face
- Develop sales strategies to identify key decision makers and stakeholders
- Fluidly explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Negotiate commercial terms and address contractual concerns to close agreements
- Work closely with the Publisher account management teams and Solutions consulting teams to ensure a seamless transition from the sales process and into a program of long-term development and nurturing
- Collaborate with publisher account management teams to identify and close upsell opportunities with existing customers
- Provide the leadership team with market updates and revenue forecasts to assist with growth planning
- Partner with Product Marketing to develop localised positioning of IX products and supporting collateral
- Represent and promote the IX brand at relevant IX events and industry events
- Travel required to key IX offices in Sydney, London and Toronto
Here’s what you have:
- 5+ years of publisher technology or digital media sales experience in the Japan market
- In depth knowledge of the online programmatic advertising and industry including technology solutions, advertising / publisher and network business models, technical understanding of ad serving, media trading, RTB and/or related advertising technology
- Native Japanese level language and business proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong attention to detail. Other relevant languages are a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.
Back to top