Publisher Sales Director
- Tokyo, Japan
We’re looking for a Publisher Sales Director to join our Tokyo-based team and focus on developing relationships with publishers across the Japan market. Reporting to the Vice President, Publisher Sales, with a dotted-line to the Managing Director Japan, the role requires a candidate with a deep understanding of the programmatic ecosystem across Japan and who has developed and nurtured strong relationships with executive leaders at publishers in the market.
You will use that knowledge and your understanding of IX’s offering to position complex, innovative, real-time media trading solutions as simple, accessible and easy to understand.
This is a highly visible, client facing position that requires strong organisational skills, professionalism and an ability to build trust with senior decision makers at premium digital publishers. You will use your market-specific knowledge and book of contacts to blaze a trail for IX across the market.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build and qualify a sales pipeline of premium publishers across Japan
- Develop a strong understanding of each publisher’s business and their needs
- Educate publishers on developments in the programmatic ecosystem and how the IX product offering addresses the challenges they face
- Develop sales strategies to identify key decision makers and stakeholders
- Fluidly explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Negotiate commercial terms and address contractual concerns to close agreements
- Work closely with the Partner Development and Solutions consulting teams to ensure a seamless transition from the sales process and into a program of long-term development and nurturing
- Collaborate with publisher account management teams to identify and close upsell opportunities with existing customers
- Provide the leadership team with market updates and revenue forecasts to assist with growth planning
- Partner with Product Marketing to develop localised positioning of IX products and supporting collateral
- Represent and promote the IX brand at relevant IX events and industry events
- Travel required within Japan, and key IX offices in Sydney, London and Toronto
Here’s what you have:
- 5+ years of publisher technology or digital media sales experience in the APAC market
- In depth knowledge of the online programmatic advertising and industry including technology solutions, advertising / publisher and network business models, technical understanding of ad serving, media trading, RTB and/or related advertising technology
- Native Japanese level language and business proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong attention to detail. Other relevant languages are a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
See Inside the Office of Index Exchange
Index Exchange is a fully transparent advertising marketplace where premium digital media companies can sell their ad impressions, in real time, to programmatic buyers. Built on the pillars of neutrality, openness, and the most reliable technology, IX aspires to be the ad exchange that media companies can trust. Led by an experienced team of industry experts and pioneers, IX has built a company on the premise that automation is the future.
Back to top