Index Exchange is seeking a Communications Manager to support public relations, speaking engagements, internal communications and thought leadership. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of public relations agency experience or internal PR/comms experience focused on the advertising technology industry.
Qualified candidates must have experience working with a diverse portfolio of stakeholders including executives, partners, clients and the media. Along with superior writing, research and organizational skills, the individual must have a proven track record of pitching and securing stories touching on the media, advertising and ad tech industries with the ability to develop thoughtful, creative and timely communication strategies. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Communications based in New York and will work closely with members of the Global Marketing and Communications team.
Here’s what we want:
Passionate: This position requires a passion for the communications profession along with interest and excitement about the advertising technology industry. We thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, where change is the only constant. Folks with a positive, can-do attitude will be most successful. We’re looking for someone who can provide additional value to Index’s communication arm and be self-motivated to think outside the box.
Communicative: You will need exceptional verbal, written and communications skills and a superior attention to detail. Strong professional relationship-building skills are a must.
Curious: To be successful in this position, you should crave information and be equipped to stay informed on emerging platforms, trends, and new developments in the advertising/ad tech space. This will require detailed research and a proactive approach for sourcing information.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of Index Exchange, our leadership team, our product suite, objectives and priorities, as well as the media and ad technology industry and landscape
- Develop and draft press releases, OpEds, pitches, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, speaking abstracts, and other external and internal written communications
- Identify and secure profile, speaking and media opportunities for leadership team
- Lead external speaker sourcing and management for Index-hosted events; identify, vet and proactively secure speaking opportunities for Indexers across relevant topics
- Contribute to interview and speaking preparations for executives including the development of presentations, talking points, briefing documents and other written and visual materials
- Maintain internal databases including calendar of communications initiatives, industry events, relevant editorial lists, media lists and awards and submission deadlines
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our New York office serves as our strategic hub and headquarters. Located in the Flatiron District, this office houses the majority of our Client Services, Marketing, and Executive teams.
- We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package at NO out of pocket cost to employees each month, 401(K), maternity/paternity leave as well as a fantastic vacation policy.
- Perks include a fully stocked fridge/pantry/bar, catered lunches every Friday and views of the Empire State Building!
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top