Intermediate Software Engineer
We’re looking for Intermediate Software Engineers to join our growing team in Kitchener and work with an innovative and fast-paced Canadian tech company. This is an excellent opportunity to accelerate your career development and we’re looking for developers who are eager to learn and grow both on the technical side and professional side.
The work we do requires complex problem solving, the ability to write high quality code in a very large and scalable deployment environment, an understanding of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, well-developed communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We’re looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it. We use a wide range of programming languages and technologies; more than anything you need to show us who you are as we greatly value people and interactions. Do some research on the company and be prepared to discuss what we do. If you can’t figure it out, make sure you have some great questions prepared. We want our Engineers invested in our business and aware of the impact their effort makes.
Here’s what we want:
- Experience and Leadership: You know how to work within a team of developers and can help mentor and guide junior members as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers and Team Players: You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best solution, regardless of where it comes from
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn
Here’s what you have:
- A Computer Science/Software Engineering/Computer Engineering or related degree. Equivalent experience is fine but you need to have the foundational concepts of Comp Sci covered
- 2+ years of experience as a full-time Software Engineer
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you. It’s tough to be an individual contributor in this type of environment and compromise and negotiation are key qualities
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient and scalable platforms are an asset
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration environment with unit tests and automated tests as part of the development flow
Why you’ll love working here:
- Office space in a repurposed factory in the vibrant downtown core, located across the street from the new transit hub for GO Transit and GRT buses
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate and collaborate
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Free snacks and drinks all day, every day with catered lunches on Friday
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- 100% coverage for health and dental benefits, RRSP matching, and a $5 Goodlife memberships
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top