HR Business Partner
Index Exchange is looking for a HR Business Partner to join our growing Toronto office! This is a new role and as such an amazing opportunity to build within the business, the role will fundamentally partner with the Engineering population and therefore experience in and passion for the technical environment is essential. The role is based in Toronto and there is some travel associated with it.
What does the role involve?
Tactical: The HRBP partners with group leaders & managers on all elements of the employee lifecycle. From performance management, coaching and training & employee relations to employee onboarding and offboarding, succession planning & talent forecasting and planning. You will have experience in HR and employment law, be passionate about diversity and inclusion, and culture development.
Collaborative: In this role, you will work cross-functionally with the people team to strategize best practices, communicate people first initiatives, deliver any trends and optimization recommendations to our global team. Possessing strong business acumen, you should align yourself as a partner to the business leaders to ensure continued employee engagement.
Knowledgeable: As the go-to for our Managers to develop effective and engaging people programs, you should have 5+ years of experience building, maintaining and improving employee programs, influencing decision making, coaching and mentoring, and local employment law.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- This is a new role and therefore requires some process improvement, this should be something you actively seek to continue to make this an amazing place to work.
- You will proactively build relationships with business leaders and employees, gaining trust and credibility with key stakeholders
- Be accountable for the delivery of core People Ops services: advising on team and/or department-specific compensation, benefits, recruiting, organizational structure, and talent development strategies
- Partner with managers to build KPIs to help optimize their team’s engagement and productivity
- Partner with managers and broader People Operations team to resolve sensitive employee-relations situations
- Champion Diversity & Inclusion efforts and provide support for initiatives aimed at fostering an enriching, inclusive employee experience
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees
- Coach, counsel and guide management on the execution of performance management, feedback, and follow-up
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- We are a global organisation with a huge focus on collaboration and building out our community internally
- The work space is built for creativity and is bright and inviting space with room to unwind, decompress and take time for you
- You dress for the day you have ahead, therefore there is no formal dress code We believe that food nourishes the brain and therefore we have lots of great snacks
- A collaborative team with events, and celebrations to recognize our successes
- 100% coverage for health and dental benefits, 5% RRSP matching, and $5 monthly gym memberships at Goodlife.
At Index Exchange. we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate the diversity of race, colour, and ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification- diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility- IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you'd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
Back to top