- Toronto, Canada
We are looking for a Hadoop Administrator to develop solutions and identify design ideas to enable the software to meet the acceptance and success criteria. This role will be working as a part of our Ops team to build a Hadoop cluster within the data environment.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Define and contribute at a high-level to many aspects of our collaborative Agile development process.
- Big data development, automated testing of new and existing components in an Agile, DevOps and dynamic environment.
- Working with Data Reporting teams to setup new Hadoop users.
- This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Spark, and MapReduce access for the new users.
- Executes the review/acceptance/tuning and ensures environment availability.
- Take end-to-end responsibility of the Hadoop life cycle in the organization.
- Be the bridge between Data team, Engineers, and the organizational needs.
- Plan for capacity upgrading or downsizing as and when the need arises.
- Work to perpetuate the devops culture with existing teams
- Minimum overall 5-7 years of experience in Big Data technologies.
- Hands-on experience to build Hadoop cluster and patching.
- Sound knowledge on working Unix/Linux Platform.
- Have hands-on experience in working with Hadoop distribution platforms like Hortonworks, Cloudera specifically. Sound Knowledge on Kerberos authentication, Data encryption and Security.
- Expert in Shell and Python scripting.
- Proficient in SQL and Relationship database design.
- Experience with time-series/analytics db's such as Elasticsearch/no SQL database.
- Exposure to Agile Project methodology but also with exposure to other methodologies (such as Kanban).
- Proven ability to work with and coordination between global teams.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and decision making skills.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Flexible hours and a relaxed dress code
- Weekly lunch provided
- Annual celebrations (Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Paid generous vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate the diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
Back to top