Data is a big deal at Index Exchange - our advertising exchange handles billions of auctions and generates multiple terabytes of auction-related information every day. We're looking for a Hadoop Administrator to join IX and work with on our DevOps team to manage and tune our multiple Big Data clusters. Working closely with the Data team and operating on the cutting edge of exciting technology, you’re afforded the opportunity to experiment with new tools and attempt radically different approaches than traditional software development affords. We’re looking for an Engineer who has worked well in Agile environments and who can drive innovation and experimentation.
Here’s what we want:
- Problem Solver: You need to be someone who is curious and loves taking multiple approaches to solving a problem to find the most efficient, scalable solution
- Collaborative: We need someone who can work well with other people - both your immediate team as well as all the other departments across Index
- Passionate: A passion for Big Data and an interest in the latest trends and developments is key for success in this role
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Tuning and tweaking the clusters for optimum performance and balance - we've got hundreds of nodes spread across a few different clusters
- Applying your understanding of DevOps methodologies and experience in infrastructure deployment/deployment automation using Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Use scripting languages like Python, Bash, and Perl to create automation tools
- Working with Big Data tools and building high performance, high throughput, and distributed data pipeline and big data platform with Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Yarn, Oozie, MapReduce, HDFS, etc.
- Utilizing advanced Linux knowledge to finely tune servers
- Other tech you'd leverage includes everything from Java to Elasticseach as well as multiple DBs (Influx, Hive, SQL, HBase)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top