We’re looking for a highly organized and professional Executive Assistant to join Index Exchange. In this role you will manage the professional-lives and schedules for two executives in our Toronto Engineering office. As an EA, you’ll operate at the highest levels of our organization and business, acting as the first point of contact and resourcing. You’ll be tasked with the responsibility to maintain and manage all aspects related to their lives including calendars, schedules, meetings, travel, expenses, communication and more. You’ll quickly grow to be an indispensable part of their day and ensure they're fully prepared for anything coming their way.
This role brings obvious challenges - IX is a fast-paced and exciting environment and you’ll be expected to be ahead of things at all times. Our leadership team works tirelessly and you have to keep up with them. But this is also an incredibly rewarding role and your success in this capacity will have immediate benefits to our business and the way we operate.
Here’s what we want:
- Organization: Keeping things in order is where it all starts. We run a very fast-paced business and you need to keep up and keep things in line. A huge part of your role is to screen incoming and outgoing meeting requests to accurately determine priority level and plan their days accordingly
- Flexibility: We can’t stress the importance of this enough - schedules, plans, appointments, etc. all shift and we need someone that can adapt and respond with proactive solutions
- Communication: You are an expert communicator - you know when and how to contact the right people to get things done
- Tact: You understand and practice a measured form of transparency. You’ll need to maintain high standards of confidentiality and exercise good judgement at all times. Trust is key in a role like this and tact builds trust
- Taste: You have great taste in restaurants, bars, etc. and can come up with the perfect recommendation for a quick coffee date or an important client dinner
Here’s what you have:
- College or university degree in Business Administration an asset
- 3-5 years experience supporting a CEO or Senior Vice President, ideally in a similar setting or industry
- The ability to be forward-thinking and anticipate next steps
- Have the right personality for a role like this - you thrive under pressure, can take feedback and love getting things done
- You are a master of Office and can work Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel like no one’s business. Familiarity with standard booking, scheduling and expense tools would also be valuable
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top