At Index Exchange, Engineering is the foundation of everything we do. Over the past 2 years we’ve made a tremendous investment in our Engineering teams - in that span we've quadrupled our total Engineering headcount and cemented ourselves as one of Canada’s leading ad tech companies. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join the team and help us continue to scale the growth of our Engineering squads.
A successful manager is someone who has faced those challenges first-hand. We are looking for a leader who can offer both guidance and technical expertise to facilitate the development of cutting-edge technologies. While identifying and fostering talent is key, part of your role will be to accelerate the growth of talent within our organization. You will also be asked to be a key part of the hiring process, assessing not only the candidates but also helping to shape a better and more relevant process for finding the best talent. Leadership entails a nuanced understanding of the challenges and roadblocks faced by our development teams as they progress through projects.
Here’s what we want:
- Leader: Your foremost responsibility is to manage and lead teams. We need someone who can inspire, motivate and make our Engineers better. Communicate clearly and concisely to implement best practices and processes to ensure that all Engineers are on the same page. Help them understand the 'why'
- Technical: Although, your day-to-day doesn’t involve writing code, the teams you manage are comprised of accomplished Engineers so you need to have a strong foundation in software development. You will be expected to foster and promote a culture of innovation in a cross-functional Engineering culture that works for all departments, encouraging knowledge transfer and professional growth
- Ownership: We want you to lead your team, celebrate successes and own the failures. In this role you’ll identify and manage technical risks and opportunities, taking responsibility for the quality of technical deliverables
Here’s what you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 2 years of experience managing a team of at least 5-10 people
- Practical knowledge of contemporary development practices and Agile methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, pair programming or test-driven development
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization
- A passion for cutting edge technologies, leading teams and nurturing talent amongst your reports
Why you’ll love working here:
- A bright and inviting shared office space in Downtown Montreal easily accessible by public transit or bike
- Our engineering teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Free snacks and drinks all day, every day with catered lunches everyday
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- 100% coverage for health and dental benefits, 5% RRSP matching, and $5 monthly gym memberships at Énergie Cardio
At Index Exchange. we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate the diversity of race, colour, and ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification- diversity is the human experience. for those who show grit, passion, and humility- IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you'd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top