Director, Publisher Development
Who we’re looking for
To support the rapidly evolving needs of our publisher partners, we are looking for a highly skilled Director, Publisher Development with outstanding ad technology, leadership and consultation skills to join our growing San Francisco team. Our Publisher Development team has established a reputation as seasoned, ad technology experts who are able to manage supply needs while making the most innovative, real-time media trading solutions simple and accessible
Publisher Development own each client engagement as it relates to the analysis, design, deployment and evolution of our innovative, real-time trading technologies. They lead the process of customizing every solution to meet publishers’ unique business model and requirements. This includes the assessment of viable options; formulating and presenting these options to various levels of management; influencing and directing decisions that result in optimal performance; overseeing the production of deliverables, and establishing trusted advisor status with key stakeholders.
Depth of knowledge of our offering, as well as overall market conditions and dynamics will be a core requirement. This is a highly visible, client facing position that requires strong organizational skills, creative thinking, professionalism, and an ability to build trust with our top tier publishers and partners. Internally, the role requires extensive communication and knowledge sharing with sell-side and buy-side team leads, as well as senior management.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver best-in-class service and make our partners happy!
- Lead training, on-boarding and establish best practices
- Develop long-term relationships with senior decision-makers at current and prospective partners
- Quality assurance of platform solutions and performance
- Act as technical and daily point of contact for key partners and serve as an escalation point for issues - providing analysis, resolution, and expectation settings internally and externally
- Perform ongoing needs analysis, performance review & technical opportunity assessments
- Input iterative product improvements and new product development processes
- Manage business operations of partnerships including tracking payment and accounting within contract requirements
- Provide ongoing support for partners’ operational practices and activities
- Analyse business opportunities and manage projects that support relationships between INDEX and our strategic demand partners
- Publisher reporting and documentation (internal & external)
- Evangelize INDEX and augment visibility within strategic West Coast markets
- Develop and provide reporting to management on partnership performance
- Work with the product team to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Work closely with Account Services, Analysts and Engineering to take charge of and resolve technical publisher issues
- Facilitate communication with internal partners to effectively manage overall partnerships (inventory demands, product strategy and needs, roadmaps, operational requirements)
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the Platform Services team and community
- Partner with legal and finance departments to negotiate complex contracts and rev-share agreements
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, or Sciences / 5+ years industry experience
- In depth knowledge of the online advertising industry, technology solutions, advertising / publisher and network business models, including understanding of ad serving, media trading, RTB and/or related ad tech
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Product consulting and ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a proven track record of developing relationships at engineering, operations and C-levels.
- Ability to self-managed with excellent prioritization skills
- Work with a geographically distributed and functionally spread, 24x7 global team focused on optimizing customer satisfaction through technical support tools and processes
- Ability to recruit, train and retain support talent
- Strong customer service skills, comfortable working directly with clients and partners as well as internal departments
- Passionate about working in an extremely fast-paced, demanding, and fluid start-up environment
- Competitive base salary determined by experience
- Comprehensive benefits plan & 401K
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
Director, Mid-Market Development
Tricia's role is part ad-tech, part account management, with a focus on onboarding clients, developing client strategy, and maintaining that client relationship throughout the lifecycle of the entire partnership.
Back to top