Director, Product Management - Video
- Boston, MA
Index Exchange (IX) is looking for a Director of Product to lead a team of PMs and Engineers, and be responsible for defining and driving the growth of our video and OTT/CTV advertising efforts.
You’ll work with our Senior Director of Product Management, who recently came from Google, to build a roadmap for the next generation of IX’s omnichannel ad product offerings. Our diverse team of top-notch PMs and Engineers in Boston, New York, Toronto, and Montreal will partner with you to deliver on a strategy that supports the needs of a fast-growing business in a rapidly-evolving industry.
If being nimble and innovative sounds like fun, and you like the idea of squaring off against the ad tech giants with a more transparent and democratic approach, then this is the role for you!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Product Sense: We think of Product as the engine that drives our company’s growth. You have solid product intuition. You’ve guided teams that have taken multiple great ideas from conception to market launch to bottom-line business impact. Having lived (and learned) through a few failures is good too.
- Video Expertise: You have a full view of the video and OTT/CTV landscape, including a deep understanding of the actual concepts and implementation behind the acronym soup (vMVPD, AVOD, SSAI, etc). You have worked with all the players in the programmatic video sector (buyers, sellers, ad servers, anti-fraud vendors, IAB working groups, etc), and you know how the sausage is made.
- Collaborative: You’re a natural leader who can rally people across Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales & Services into a high-functioning delivery team. You’re a player-coach who participates fully, you’re thoughtful about empowering those around you to succeed, and as a result people want to work for you.
- Data Driven: You make significant decisions based on real data, and you use it to convince others that you’re right, because how else would you do it? You expect an appropriate level of rigor and analysis, and you hold everyone around you accountable to making data-driven decisions.
- Technical: You’re technical enough to be dangerous and know your way around a Terminal or SQL prompt. You thrive on figuring out complex systems and marketplaces, identifying opportunities to simplify and improve them, and working with Engineering to make it a reality. You love working at Internet scale, and you understand how even small adjustments can have massive impact when applied across billions of users and transactions.
- Customer Focused: You have a strong network within the ad tech industry, forged through years of working closely with customers. You are energized by the idea of working with IX’s roster of industry-leading publishers, DSPs, agencies, and marketers. You recognize that our success comes from enabling our customers’ growth and success.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining a broad view of the video and OTT/CTV advertising marketplace, how IX figures into it, what our competitors are doing, and generally serving as the subject matter expert for this area of the business
- Identifying opportunities (through partnership with commercial teams, product, engineering, customers, and others) to apply IX’s comparative advantages towards growing and evolving our video advertising business
- Setting data-driven success metrics and goals, and leading a well-structured product development process towards achieving those goals on mid- to long-term time horizons
- Acting as the internal and external evangelist for IX’s video advertising business, maintaining the story about the unique advantages that IX brings to buyers and sellers with respect to video
- Harmonizing the video strategy and roadmap with company objectives, and with the plans of the other product development areas
- Partnering with sales, finance, engineering, and other teams to forecast both the return, and the investment required, to operate and grow the video business
- Flexing between doing and mentoring/managing. You’ll need to context switch between understanding high bid rejection rates for a DSP, and guiding a less-experienced PM on how to successfully present a business case to our CEO
Here’s what you have:
- A B.Sc./B.Eng. in Computer Science, Math, Computer/Software Engineering or Physics
- A related Masters or MBA is nice but not required
- Minimum of 6 years Product Management experience, 3 years as a manager of PMs, 2 years ad tech experience
- A demonstrated track record (with specific examples to show) of Product leadership and delivery
- Excellent communication, technical and analytical skills
- Flexibility for some occasional travel
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Our Boston office is in a beautiful, modern space that’s just steps away from South Station and Chinatown. And the views outside our 26th-floor windows are stunning.
- You’ll get to build the culture for a fast-moving team, which is receiving tons of investment and support from across the whole company.
- The bar for talent is very high at IX. We’ve hired an exceptionally good team, with experts from across the ad tech industry, whom you’ll love working with and learning from.
- Excellent healthcare benefits (health, dental, and vision) at NO expense to employees
- $50 dollar monthly allowance to the gym/health club of your choice
- Other competitive benefits, including 401(K), maternity/paternity leave, and a fantastic vacation policy
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Back to top