Director, Internal Events
Index Exchange is seeking a Director of Internal Events to plan and execute all internal event initiatives across our global markets. This position will sit in our newly developed Toronto office and will report directly to the Head of Experiential Marketing who is based in New York City. This position is responsible for all of Index Exchange’s internal event strategy, management and production for our offices worldwide, including our company All Hands in Toronto. This position will be working closely with key executives at Index Exchange on a daily basis. In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have exceptional attention to detail, organizational & multitasking skills, the ability to manage demands under pressure, demonstrate excellent communication skills, and have experience managing events from inception to completion.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Planning, development and execution of all global internal events including but not limited to
- Team Offsite Meetings
- Holiday Party
- Index Exchange Company All Hands
- Team Outings
- Internal Meetings
- Manage yearly calendar for all upcoming internal events, and collaborate with Marketing & Communications Team and People Team on all materials, planning, and event execution
- Work closely with Index Exchange Executive Team to organize all global internal events and team gatherings
- Have an understanding and proficiency of the Index Exchange brand in various markets and can make informed decisions based on specific market idiosyncrasies
Here's what we're looking for:
- BA/BS degree preferably in marketing, communications, or related field
- 5-7 years of event marketing experience
- Ability and willingness to travel globally. This position requires 30% travel and the director must be willing to travel
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration as well as the ability to work directly with senior clients and partners
- Strong time management skills, more specifically the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Diligent work ethic. Must be self-motivated and take a proactive approach to work schedule
- Familiarity with the digital media marketplace and programmatic advertising would be an asset
- Fluency in English is required and preference will be given to candidates with fluency in either French, German, or Italian.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our office in the heart of Downtown Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Flexible hours and relaxed dress code
- Catered lunches on Fridays
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands)
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
Back to top