Director, Global Total Rewards & People Data
Index Exchange is looking for a Director, Global Total Rewards & People Data to direct the ideation, design, development, and flawless execution of global total rewards programs and turn people data into insights in support of our positive culture and performance.
This person will ensure that programs are competitive, sustainable, scalable, and have an impact on the long and short-term performance of the entire global organization.
He/she will support the VP, People & Culture to drive continuous improvement within the People function, drawing on external and internal best practices and leading-edge industry thinking on Global Total Rewards & People Data.
Here’s what we want:
Knowledgeable: The Director, Global Total Rewards & People Data will support all IX global employees through HR operations and be a subject matter expert on policy, compliance, HR Tools, and global payroll and benefits programs. You must have experience managing these functions through a global lens, with expertise in change management and process improvement as we reimagine our people operations strategy.
Collaborative: Working in lockstep with the IX People team, recruitment, finance, and compliance, this role will require strong communication to solve problems, curate process, establish protocol and best practices for Index Exchanges globally.
Analytical: A metrics-driven HR leader who is able to assess, measure, and analyze results/effectiveness of HR process and programs at scale. A successful Director of Global Total Rewards & People Data at IX will be comfortable with understanding and interpret data to validate process as it relates to business objectives.
Leader: This role will require strong communication and management skills as the Director, Global Total Rewards & People Data will lead the global HR operations team supporting international employees, compensation and benefits, HR systems and documentation integrity.
Here’s what you’ll be Doing:
- Direct the planning, design, implementation, maintenance, and administration of all compensation and benefits programs to maintain organizational objectives and a competitive position in the marketplace; management of health & welfare, retirement savings, and payroll
- Review, evaluate, redesign and manage the compensation programs by collaborating with CEO, VP, People & Culture, and with outside compensation consultants to ensure programs are performance driven, market competitive, legally compliant, accurately administered and effectively communicated
- Oversee the development of incentive, bonus, and commission plans for the enterprise, ensuring that they are designed to drive employee performance in line with business objectives, are market competitive, legally sound and managed/administered accurately and effectively.
- Own and manage global benefits and compensation frameworks ensuring consistency and alignment throughout the company and with the market
- Actively research opportunities for continuous improvement whether that be system enhancements and upgrades or exploring new vendors
- Develop communications strategies and material to create clarity and understanding around HR systems and be able to present to a technical and non-technical audience
- Liaise with finance to optimize value, reduce risk, evaluate options, and make recommendations to executive management
- Effectively communicate trends, legislation changes, and other relevant related data on a timely basis to the management team and when appropriate, recommend a course of action to effectively manage impacted/assigned plans
- Partner with Legal and compliance on data privacy and security matters and other HR-related industry standards & compliance requirements
- Manage external partnerships with legal and other vendors to ensure consistency of company standards and compliance of local HR law
- 8-10 years of leadership experience in designing, implementing and providing direction to compensation, benefits, payroll and HRIS functions, with some international exposure preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in HR, Finance or MBA highly desirable
- Experience preparing and presenting required summaries for executive review
- Proven ability to provide vision and leadership to a team of total rewards and people data professional
- Track record of working cross-functionally and collaboratively at all levels.
- Proven to be an excellent manager and team capacity builder
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our Engineering HQ in midtown Toronto
- Our engineering teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Free snacks and drinks all day, with lunch catered in daily
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate the diversity of race, colour, and ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification- diversity is the human experience. for those who show grit, passion, and humility- IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you'd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top