Director, Agency Development
Index Exchange is growing and we’re looking for a Director, Agency Development in Los Angeles. In this role, you will be responsible for the management and cultivation of business relationships with the US Agencies, Trading Desks and Marketers Direct. You will need to provide marketplace guidance and ensure opportunities are being communicated through both a business and operational lens. A huge part of this role will involve developing effective client events and interactions to foster a better working relationship, collaboration and overall partnership with Agencies, Trading Desks and Marketers Direct.
You will be a core part of Index Exchange and work alongside our other teams across North America. The role is a combination of hunter and farmer with much of your attention on the development of new business while also maintaining a focus on existing partners. You will be expected to thrive in a highly technical environment and have a much higher degree of technical proficiency than would normally be expected. As part of a growing organization, you will be called upon to evangelize our brand, help to identify talent and ultimately contribute to a world-class business development team to work with our rapidly expanding client base. This role will require regular travel within North America (San Francisco, Chicago, Texas, Toronto, New York, etc.) and occasional travel to Europe.
Here’s What We Want
- Strategic: Your role will cover prospecting, vetting, and generating meaningful, well- positioned conversations with decision makers to drive business in the Index Exchange platform through strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. You should possess a strong command of the current programmatic landscape and the desire to continue to learn and evolve within the space, with the ability to decipher noise in AdTech vs actionable trends that will affect the success of Agencies, Trading Desks and Marketers Direct.
- Collaborative: IX prides itself on collaboration and knowledge sharing internally to positively affect the success of our partners. You will work closely with the account teams to drive strategy and improve overall performance while capturing as much information on market trends to best position Index Exchange to clients.
- Knowledgeable: Our Agencies have ever-changing needs to meet the campaign objectives of their brands. In this role, you will be a crucial node in managing the expectations of our partners. You should be comfortable handling complex technical questions from our internal teams and partners. A deep understanding of open RTB protocol and our platform will be required to provide strategic insight and recommendations to our buyers.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing
- Become the day to day contact and thought leader for Agencies, Trading Desks and Marketers Direct throughout an assigned region and work to achieve specified goals
- A focus on education and ability to articulate the changing and complex dynamics of programmatic to all levels of experience
- Work with the Index Exchange account teams to help develop custom reporting based on client needs and provide market intelligence to allow for the most effective access to Index Exchange’s publishers
- Grow Private Market Place activity and raise awareness of the PMP opportunities made available by our premium publishers and favorability of Index deals
- Work with the marketing organization to create events to establish the Index Brand Identity amongst buyers across assigned region
- Utilize existing relationships and knowledge base to help grow the LA market and surrounding regions
- Become subject matter expert for all clients in programmatic supply
Here’s What You Need
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field/discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in digital media/ad tech and an in-depth understanding of the programmatic advertising landscape
- Detail-oriented high-energy personality with experience in client facing positions
- Ability to work independently while remaining enthusiastic and motivated
- Analytical, thorough and solid communicator, logical, detail-oriented, team player
- Salesforce experience
- Knowledge of holding companies and their subsidiaries
Why you’ll love working here
- We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, 401(K), maternity/paternity leave, as well as a fantastic vacation policy.
Back to top