- Toronto, Canada
Data is a big deal at Index Exchange. Our advertising exchange generates multiple terabytes of auction-related information each day and our Data Engineering team builds tools and infrastructure to help manage this vast amount of data. Working within our larger R&D team, our Data Engineers use a specialized suite of tech and hardware to pipe, parse and maintain our data, including the oversight of a multi-petabyte cluster. We’re looking for Engineers to join our team and help build the next generation of big data solutions at Index Exchange.
Working on the bleeding edge of exciting technology, you’re afforded the opportunity to experiment with new tools and attempt radically different approaches than traditional software engineering affords. Every day with the Data team is different and each project presents its own set of new and exciting challenges. Things shift very quickly in our industry and we rely on the Data team to keep us ahead of the curve and moving in the right direction.
Here’s what we want:
- Problem Solver: You are curious and loves exploring multiple approaches to find the most efficient, scalable solution and solve a problem
- Collaborative: You work well with other people
- Passionate: A passion for Big Data and an interest in the latest trends and developments constantly researching new tools and data technologies
- Self-starter: You are comfortable helping your team get things done
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Design, implement, and maintain data pipelines for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources to various data services
- Identify, design, and implement system performance improvements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements
- Automate manual processes and optimize data delivery
You may or may not tick off every box, and that’s ok. Each person brings a different background and different skills. If you think you are a good match for what we are looking for tell us why, and tell us what you are doing to improve yourself and we’ll see what we can do to help!
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL systems
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or other equivalent technologies
- Proficiency in some of the following languages: Scala, Java, Python, Bash
- Experience with automated testing systems
- Mentorship, collaboration, and communication skills
- Knowledge of data modelling, data warehousing, ETL processes, and business intelligence reporting tools
- Experience working with CI/CD, containerization, and virtualization tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker
Why you’ll love working here:
- Office space in the vibrant downtown core, located near the new transit hub for GO Transit and GRT buses
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate and collaborate
- We don't have a dress code and we offer flexible work hours
- A solid work-life balance
- Free snacks and drinks, with catered lunches every day
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- 100% coverage for family health and dental benefits, RRSP matching, and a $5 Goodlife memberships
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
Back to top