Buyer Development Director
Index Exchange (IX) is looking for a Buyer Development Director with outstanding ad technology, leadership and consultation skills to join our growing Tokyo-based team. The role is based in Tokyo and will require occasional travel throughout Japan. The IX Buyer Development team provides agencies, trading desks, and advertisers with crucial insights into market developments and ensures that buyers have access to our publishers’ inventory via their preferred method. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and furthering existing relationships, whilst supporting business development in an effort to grow new accounts and evangelize the IX brand.
This role will be partly driven by revenue attainment, but with a strong emphasis on providing consultative services to our buyers, so you will have to be comfortable with delivering educational sessions. You will be expected to thrive in a highly technical environment and so prior exposure to programmatic terminology and trends will go a long way in setting you up for success. Although this role will primarily focus on our clients in Japan, you should also expect occasional travel to North America to bolster your ties with our New York-based Demand team.
Here’s what we want:
Strategic: IX values partnerships and offering strategic insights to the agencies and marketers who leverage our exchange. We want you to provide insights and recommendations to our external stakeholders around the programmatic ecosystem as a whole.
Collaborative: In order to retain and maintain our growing agency and director marketer accounts, you will work cross-functionally with buyer intelligence and publisher teams, and become a subject matter expert on the performance and growth of our partners.
Communicative: You will be working with a number of clients at any given time and expected to communicate effectively, and often, both internally and externally. This is a highly visible, client facing role, where building trusted relationships with agencies and marketers is essential to success.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Become the senior level day to day contact for Japan based DSPs and agencies, brands, and their associated programmatic Trading Desks.
- Manage relationships with buyers to provide marketplace guidance, revenue growth potential, partnership expansion, and ensure opportunities are being communicated through both a buyer and operational lens and across organizational lines.
- Become an educational resource for agency and marketer clients - from the trader level to senior stakeholders.
- Source new partnerships, identify new sources of demand and align the needs of Japanese buyers with the IX unique selling points.
- Collaborate with the IX Product team to assist in future product development and strategic planning.
- Track Japanese buyer trends and progress, as well as consistently and clearly provide feedback to senior stakeholders on successes, challenges, and specific market needs that need to be addressed.
- Attending relevant industry events and travel require
- Work with the Index Publisher team to drive Private Marketplace (PMP) activity and raise awareness of the opportunities made available by our premium publishers
- Travel required within Japan, and key IX offices in Sydney, London and Toronto
Here’s what you have:
- Experience in digital media, and an in depth understanding of the programmatic advertising landscape (e.g. ad server, ad network, exchange, SSP, DSP, agency trading desk, PMP, etc.)
- An excellent understanding and in-depth knowledge of the Japan buy side markets, as well as a comprehensive book of buy side contacts that you will be able to call upon from the outset.
- Native Japanese level language and business proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong attention to detail. Other relevant languages are a plus.
Back to top