Business Development Director
Index Exchange (IX) is looking for a Business Development Director with outstanding ad technology, leadership and consultation skills to join our Australian team. The IX Business Development team provides agencies, trading desks and advertisers with crucial insights into market developments and ensures that buyers have access to our publishers’ inventory via their preferred method. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging with buy side partners in APAC markets. You will be crucial to maintaining and furthering existing relationships, whilst supporting business development in an effort grow new accounts and evangelize the IX brand.
This role will be partly driven by revenue attainment, but with a strong emphasis on providing consultative services to our buyers, so you will have to be comfortable with delivering educational sessions. You will be expected to thrive in a highly technical environment and have a much higher degree of technical proficiency than for your average role - prior exposure to programmatic terminology and trends will go a long way to setting you up for success. The role is based in Sydney and your primary focus will be the Australian market but expect travel through APAC as well as occasional trips to North America and Europe.
Here’s what we want:
- Strategic: IX values partnerships and providing strategic insights to the agencies and marketers who leverage our exchange. We want you to provide insights and recommendations to our external stakeholders around the programmatic ecosystem as a whole
- Collaborative: In order to retain and maintain our growing agency accounts, you will work cross-functionally with business intelligence and publisher teams, and become a subject matter expert on the performance and growth of our partners
- Communicative: You will be working with a number of clients at any given time and expected to communicate effectively, and often, both internally and externally. This is a highly visible, client facing role, where building trusted relationships with agencies and marketers is essential to success
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Become the day to day contact for APAC-based agencies, brands, and their associated programmatic Trading Desks
- Manage local Demand Side Platforms (DSP) as well as relationships with buyers to provide marketplace guidance, revenue growth potential, partnership expansion, and ensure opportunities are being communicated through both a business and operational lens and across organizational lines
- Source new partnerships, identify new sources of Demand and align the needs of APAC-based buyers with Index’s unique selling points
- Oversee financial reporting requirements and hold quarterly business reviews with key stakeholders
- Work with the Index Publisher team to drive Private Marketplace (PMP) activity and raise awareness of the opportunities made available by our premium publishers
- Collaborate with the IX Product team to assist in future product development and strategic planning
Here’s what you have:
- 4-5 years of experience in digital media, and an in depth understanding of the programmatic advertising landscape (e.g. ad server, ad network, exchange, SSP, DSP, agency trading desk, PMP, etc.)
- An excellent understanding and in-depth knowledge of APAC buy side markets, as well as a comprehensive book of buy side contacts that you will be able to call upon from the outset
- Native fluency in both English is required and any additional language skills (Japanese for example) would be considered a bonus
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top