We’re looking for an Application Architect to join our growing team and focus on our client-facing web application. In this role you’ll be reporting directly to the VP of Architecture, working very closely with our Engineering and Product teams. You will be responsible for designing and developing software solutions to address Product needs related to our web application and related systems. Transparency is a key aspect of what we do; a focus on creating usable, fast and intelligent interfaces is absolutely essential to create a positive partner experience. Details matter and you will be required to not only understand the existing state of our systems but conceive the big picture for where it’s headed in the future. Most importantly you’ll be expected to formulate an execution strategy to progress from the current state to the future state.
We’ll look to you to breakdown your vision into defined projects, success criteria and milestones. We want you to lead the kickoff of your projects, delivering that vision to the teams, work through architectural design reviews and signoff follow through into deployment and monitoring - ensuring the architecture works in production. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly agile and collaborative workplace and is actively engaged in the development process.
Here’s what we want:
- Leader: You know how to work with a team of engineers and can help mentor and guide junior members of the team as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions on architectural, technical, and design related issues
- Problem Solving: You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best, most scalable solution
- Communication: You are a strong communicator, whether it is written, verbal, or presenting ideas. You also enjoy collaborating with people on different teams and continue to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration. Your job will involve not only coming up with these ideas but selling the team on your vision
Here’s what you have:
- 7+ years software development experience in building front-end user interfaces and web applications
- Sustained engagement and knowledge of Agile development practices
- Proven track record of building high-performance client-side applications integrating with multi-tenancy SaaS platforms through REST APIs
- In-depth knowledge of asynchronous design patterns. Hands-on experience designing scalable, modular client-side applications
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top