Luxury Group Travel Manager
Indagare is a luxury membership based travel company with curated content and a boutique, in-house travel agency. We are a dynamic, entrepreneurial, high-performance company and have been named to the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. Our mission at Indagare is to give sophisticated, passionate travelers the information and tools that will enable them to discover authentic experiences and make remarkable journeys.
An Indagare Insider Trip is a well mapped-out journey that has been scouted, vetted and planned by an Indagare editor, most often by founder Melissa Biggs Bradley. A small number of members can sign up to go on these trips. The itineraries include a blend of the best of a destination with behind-the-scenes access and introductions to local insiders.
The Insider Trips Manager is responsible for planning and executing all aspects of our Insider Trips taken by Indagare’s high-end clients. The position requires strong knowledge of a wide range of destinations, high-end travel products and five-star hotels around the world. This role requires a strong service focus for sophisticated clientele, as well as excellent organization in order to manage a yearly calendar of 12 – 16 trips and the details of many clients’ individual itineraries.
Primary Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
• Conceptualize Insider Trip destinations based on member interest, travel trends and specific events and points of interest. Opportunities to scout out the destinations may arise.
• Research hotels and work with Indagare’s destination partners to choose the right properties and activities
• Plan all activities, meals and accommodations
• Create itineraries and pricing to present to clients
• Respond to queries from interested clients
• Manage selling spaces on the trips and taking payment and registrations
• Work with hotel concierges and destination partners to coordinate restaurant reservations, transportation, spa appointments, etc.
• Prepare and ship comprehensive itineraries and departure packages providing all details of client’s trip
• Maintain quality and act as a point of contact to participants while the trip is taking place
• Gather member feedback upon return and apply lessons learned to future Insider Trips
• Work with the Editorial department to create promotional materials
• Work with accounting department to manage department’s P&L, with responsibility for achieving top line and profitability targets.
• Identify opportunities to work with likeminded affinity groups to develop trips curated to the specific interests of the group.
Our ideal candidate:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• At least one-year experience of successfully developing and executing group travel programs. Relevant experience coordinating group events is highly regarded.
• Demonstrated ability to develop new business and team.
• Luxury travel experience/knowledge highly preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial, high performance environment.
• Detail oriented with excellent project management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Acrobat, and Internet Software. Additional knowledge of Wordpress, InDesign, Salesforce and Photoshop preferred.
• Experience with customer relationship management software (Salesforce experience highly preferred)
See Inside the Office of Indagare
Indagare is a membership-based travel company that combines the services of a boutique agency with curated content for the luxury traveler. With a belief that travel is not just about the place but how the journey shapes the traveler, Indagare’s mission is to provide passionate travelers with the information and tools to discover authentic experiences and make remarkable journeys.
Back to top