Senior Java Engineer
Improving is a complete IT services firm, offering training, consulting, recruiting and project services. Our innovative solutions and processes have helped hundreds of clients across the globe realize their tactical and strategic business objectives. As a result, our 300 employees have accumulated extensive technology and management experience in several industries, including financial services, energy, travel, retail, government and several others.
Our culture and guiding principles encourage both inspiration and motivation to achieve amazing things. We constantly strive to live out our values of Excellence, Dedication, and Involvement through our foundation of Trust.
You will be a valued team member of a web application enhancement team composed of a Java Tech Lead, 2 Java Developers, a QA arm and a Business Analyst. This web app team is primarily tasked with developing high business value modifications or additions to the web app, both client and server side. Due to the nature of this team, this Java Developer role has the autonomy to have an impact and nearly full control over how various problems are approached and solved.
Value Proposition: Quickly learn about and work with all parts (legacy and new) of large scale Java web application that nets approximately a billion dollars a year. These technologies are both established, as well as cutting edge. This community is open to driven individuals who desire to take on more than their job description. Get involved with many other facets of the ecosystem. For example, if you have an interest in niche roles (ex. deployment pipeline, automated testing, reporting metrics) - we will leave it up to you to get involved, help out or simply own it and run with it.
- Develop modifications to the website, debugging issues from the front-end entry point to the resulting defect on the server side.
- Deliver enhancements using the Agile Kanban model.
- Interface daily with your team members and the business to understand how all parts of the company's web development pipeline works.
- Create website additions using Java Spring Framework.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented principles and practices
- Experience with Java web frameworks, such as Apache Struts or Spring Framework
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems such as Git
- Knowledge of test-driven development (TDD) practices and principles
- Problem-solving and debugging techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively converse with non-technical team members
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic and passionate about writing quality code
Apply now to get on board with an incredible team and do amazing things! Join our Improving community and inspire others by what you do and how you do it, actively plan and commit to your personal growth and be generous with your time, knowledge and experience.
- Full-time salaried or hourly consultant opportunity
- Work Location: short commute from Irving, Coppell, Lewisville, Grapevine, mid-cities and nearby surrounding areas
- Business casual environment
- Local candidates preferred
Meet Some of Improving's Employees
User Experience Consultant
Vaughn teams up with clients to improve the user experience of their applications. He also visits other Improving branches for special projects and completes on-site client sprints.
Back to top