Senior Business Development Manager
Improving is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to join our ambitious and growing team in Houston. In this role, you will partner with different key internal stakeholders in order drive sales of Improving's professional service offerings across a wide array of customers. This position reports directly to the President of the Houston office and will work alongside several members of the leadership team.
Our company is focused on building trust in what we do and how we do it. That makes trust and trustworthiness core pieces of what we are searching for in this role. We pride ourselves in being an open communication culture and working together as a team to provide world class solutions to our clients. As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for generating sales and driving short-term and long-term revenue and profit growth through prospecting, acquisition, development, and expansion of customer opportunities while always developing long-lasting client relationships. This role also includes a component of growing those around you, particularly around sales discipline.
As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will:
- Partner with the leadership team to develop and execute successful business development strategies for the local market.
- Develop strong customer relationships and drive acquisition of new customers, contributing to company revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System including support for Area Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings, Forecasting, Opportunity Management and Business and Technical Proposal reviews.
- Source, develop, and maintain numerous accounts and relationships exceeding $6 million in revenue.
- Demonstrate a customer first approach with the ability to build strong relationships of trust. You take pride in providing the best possible experience and outcomes for your customers.
- Work with the team to establish and contribute to the growth of the organization and the client.
- Bring expert knowledge of IT Services and articulate the business value of those services.
- Establish and expand Improving's brand throughout the business community; positioning yourself as a trusted partner and advisor to your client.
- Be a highly-driven individual with an execution focus and strong sense of urgency to deliver results.
- Present sales proposals and uncover/resolve any concerns or objections.
- Mentor and collaborate with the sales team.
- At least 5+ years of demonstrated success in sales and account management within enterprise environments.
- Strong knowledge of technology solutions, products, and services.
- Proven track record of establishing and growing new accounts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bring excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability seamlessly manage multiple high-priority, time sensitive initiatives in parallel.
- Ability to react strategically in customer settings, "listen" and determine client's business needs.
- Experience selling and developing relationships with senior level executives (C-level, VP, Director, IT Manager, etc.) in mid-market and enterprise clients.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools (Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesforce.com, etc.)
- Self-motivated and structured with a track record of collaborating successfully with a team.
- Experience leading and collaborating pre-sales efforts to define technical solutions, assist with Statements of Work and deliver proposals.
- Ability to create and deliver effective business presentations to senior-level client prospects.
- Demonstrated experience meeting and exceeding sales and delivered revenue quotas.
What else would help me stand out?
- Experience managing and developing a sales team
- Experience selling IT consulting solutions in the local market, including an existing broad network of potential clients
- Knowledge of Improving's history and culture
- Willingness to be engaged and involved with coworkers.
Meet Some of Improving's Employees
User Experience Consultant
Vaughn teams up with clients to improve the user experience of their applications. He also visits other Improving branches for special projects and completes on-site client sprints.
Back to top