Improving has partnered with a client in Southlake, TX on their search for Database/Software Engineer to join their team. This is a direct hire, full time salaried position with the client company.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Design, develop and maintain data access and update interfaces across a variety of database platforms
- Evaluate database architectures to identify the appropriate database platform for data requirements
- Coordinate database design with data access interface design to ensure that all data requests are serviced efficiently, while also allowing for efficient loading of new data and rolling off of old data
- Work closely with the product and design teams to ensure that application data requirements are formulated in a manner that allows them to be serviced efficiently
- Triage database performance issues – use monitoring tools to identify bottlenecks and leverage knowledge of database performance concepts to resolve
- Triage data issues – identify root source of problem data and implement measures to correct and prevent
- Build and execute performance test plans against data access interfaces and databases to insure they are efficient and scalable
- Develop and execute data migration procedures for moving data between database platforms without service disruption
- Insure instrumentation of all data access interfaces and work with DevOps to ensure that all interfaces and databases are able to be monitored and alert under stress
- 5+ years working as a database engineer or similar role
- 3+ years developing database-centric SaaS applications
- Strong SQL expertise: analytic functions, CTEs, transactions, complex queries
- Extensive knowledge of database architectures and their trade-offs: column-stores, MPP, IMDB, NoSQL
- Strong familiarity with database performance concepts
- Significant experience with Mongo, or another NoSQL variant
- Experience with JIRA and a proven ability to work in an Agile environment
Bachelor's degree or greater preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems
NOTE - Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. on a W2 Salary basis.
Meet Some of Improving's Employees
Zach works on large-scale web enterprise applications for one of Improving’s largest clients. He generally handles back-end upgrades and long-term enhancement strategies to ensure technological success.
Back to top