Cloud Security Engineer - DevSecOps
- Bristol, United Kingdom
Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
We're a game-changing team building a game-changing platform
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 180 employees in our Bristol & Boston locations and announced funding of more than £30 million. Our technology is already helping over 200 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, while over 2,500 labs are completed every single day.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
This isn’t an ordinary cloud role, we know everyone claims this and will tell you their role is super unique. But this one really is. You are constantly researching, learning, totally geeking out on all things cloud security related, from Kubernetes to AWS, and then taking that knowledge and creating labs. You will be educating the world of cloud security professionals on how to make sure they are secure in what they do. Now that is a pretty cool legacy to leave behind.
No more 4am call outs. No more working over Christmas. Just upskilling yourself to be tremendously knowledgeable and sharing that knowledge of best practice with the world.
Your main responsibilities (the boring part where we bullet out key duties):
- Planning, writing and improving cloud security labs, challenges and online learning content on the Immersive Labs platform
- Produce multi-format content utilising various teaching methods; practical exercises, questions & gamification
- Test Cloud Security labs to ensure they function as expected
- Work with the Engineering and Content teams on new projects/products and how best to deploy them
To be successful (be a good idea to make sure this is on your CV):
- Proven track record of working in production-critical infrastructures and Cloud environments with a security focus
- Extensive knowledge in the AWS or Azure ecosystem including expertise with security, identity & access
- Solid containerisation experience, specifically using Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with Serverless technologies
- Knowledgeable in network, firewall and security best practices
- Experience with infrastructure automation and deployment, specifically Terraform and Cloudformation
- Understanding of cloud monitoring tools
- Hands-on experience with software development, cloud infrastructure, IT services, networking, and security
- A commitment to scripting, particularly Python
- Experience working within an DevSecOps, Cloud security or SRE function, with a focus on availability, reliability and automation
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - being respectful of different ideas, and encouraging a psychologically safe environment
- Driven - to create the best content
- Agile - being able to pivot to business demands
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you, We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday, and a 4 year sabbatical.
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!
Back to top