Vice President, Theatre Development - South East Asia, India and Australia
- Hong Kong
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
The Vice President, Theatre Development will support IMAX in expanding its footprint across South East Asia, India and Australia, defining and executing the business development strategy, managing sales operations and generally representing the company across the region. Reporting to the Head of Global Sales, the position will be based in a major capital city within South East Asia.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive the expansion of the IMAX theater network across South East Asia, India and Australia, by leading sales activities across the region, including sourcing customers and business partners, delivering pitches, preparing proposals, negotiating deals;
- Manage relationships at C-Level with IMAX business partners, both independently as well as in collaboration with the Head of Global Sales, ensuring the success of the existing and prospective IMAX business in the region;
- Actively represent the company in in the region, acting as needed as a company spokesperson and attending events relevant to the company's development activities;
- Create positive awareness of the IMAX business within the entertainment industry, the retail development community and the investment community across the region;
- Support ongoing client-scouting activity, identifying cinema operators as well as retail developers who would be suitable to become IMAX partners;
- Proactively inform the management and leadership teams of current and emerging market trends;
- Support the Head of Global Sales with messaging and presentations to strategic players in the local industries, including the retail development community as well as other existing and prospective strategic partners;
- Monitor all sales operations within the region, recording all key actions/tasks and maintaining a customer database;
- Qualify inquiries, prospective clients and projects, conducting due diligence on the proposed projects and engaging with the counterparts as needed;
- Assist in preparing internal reports, including budgeting and forecasting;
- Analyze territories and prepare market reports, assessing their viability and level of opportunity for the IMAX business;
- Liaise with other company departments as needed (e.g. Marketing, Film, etc.), to facilitate the overall success of the IMAX business in the region.
What we're looking for:
- A recognized postgraduate degree;
- 10+ years of experience in business development and/or general management, preferably within the retail development and/or entertainment industries;
- A seasoned executive with an outstanding reputation for his/her strategic business judgment, leadership skills and integrity, who can accomplish goals in a timely, productive and fiscally responsible manner;
- Proven experience in dealing with a diverse array of counterparts at senior level (C-suite) throughout the region;
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong planning and organizational skills to successfully manage sales operations and support senior executives within a global organization;
- Ability to adapt to diverse business environments and different cultures, across a variety of different territories;
- Proven ability to take initiative, work independently, be creative and establish priorities to support business development in a competitive market;
- Excellent communications skills for various settings;
- High degree of flexibility required for frequent international travel; must hold valid passport.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR China Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top