Vice President, Business Affairs and Operations
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 40 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the CFO and COO, IMAX China, the Vice President will:
- Assess, analyze and present theatre expansion opportunities including all potential JV theatre investments and upgrades and take the lead on making investment recommendations;
- Actively participate in client meetings as required establishing ongoing relationships with key decision makers to proactively deal with ongoing financial, legal or logistical issues;
- Partner with Theatre Development and Legal teams on negotiations and financial deal structures - monitor and report internally on the financial performance of the JV portfolio;
- Working closely with the CFO and COO, proactively analyze and report on trends and insights in the sector and KPIs of the core business - present findings and recommendations to senior management both in China and North America;
- Partner with department heads and senior management to evaluate applicable strategic opportunities that may drive box office, installations or any other new sources of growth - this will include research, financial modelling, presentations, and making recommendations that may challenge the status quo or require capital allocation;
- Establish processes to help ensure that core businesses are meeting targets and working together as a team, including organizing and operating regularly scheduled meetings and deploying other communications tools;
- Evaluate and enhance systems and processes that consistently monitor team performance and assist all business units in the achievement of the company's strategic objectives. Assist teams in leveraging these systems/processes (i.e. mapping requirements, Ent Group box office reporting; online ticketing platforms).
What we're looking for:
- A recognized undergraduate finance/accounting, business or communications degree combined with an MBA or CPA or equivalent designation;
- 10 years of relevant work experience in the technology, media or entertainment sector;
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English;
- Proven ability to take the initiative, work independently and establish priorities to drive sales in a competitive market;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, as well as exceptional oral and written communications skills, adaptable for various settings such as client meetings, internal conference calls and presentations for small or large audiences;
- Tough and effective negotiator, comfortable in both complex negotiations and sophisticated business situations;
- Intelligent, nimble and a forward-thinking executive who is team-oriented, proactive and predisposed to act as a "partner" of a senior management team;
- A seasoned executive with an outstanding reputation for his/her strategic business judgment, leadership skills and integrity, who can accomplish goals in a timely, productive and fiscally responsible manner;
- "Roll up the sleeves" attitude and a "hands on" and detailed oriented style;
- High degree of flexibility required for conference calls to accommodate different time zones and travel as required;
- High degree of flexibility and creativity required to adapt to a constantly changing internal and external business environment;
- Exceptional proficiency in financial modelling and PowerPoint required.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location Shanghai, China Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top