Sr. Financial Analyst, Reporting
- Mississauga, Canada
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
This position will have accountability for the full management reporting, financial accounting and analysis for IMAX Corporation consolidated, consisting of complex and challenging technical issues within U.S. GAAP and IFRS environments. The company has over 30 entities with international operations and joint ventures.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly filings for the U.S Securities and Exchange Commission (US GAAP) and Ontario Securities Commission including 10Qs, 10Ks, etc.
- Monthly consolidation and financial reporting of approximately 30 subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Assist with audit and review engagements with external auditors.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and detailed monthly reporting packages.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements of U.S. and Canadian pension funds.
- Preparation of Board of Directors reports used and distributed in conference calls and Board meetings.
- Research, analyze and assess the impact of new U.S. GAAP and IFRS accounting standards and pronouncements
What we're looking for:
- Post-secondary degree in business, accounting, finance, or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years of financial/corporate accounting experience;
- CPA, CA designation required
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Solid technical skills with a minimum of 3 years of financial/corporate accounting experience, including auditing public companies.
- Strong computer skills and proficient with MS Excel and accounting software. SAP and BPC experience would be an asset.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Analytical Thinking Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail. Weighs the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success, in deciding.
- Building Collaborative Relationships Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the company, who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Client/Customer focused Build excellent relationships with clients (including internal), displays a broad understanding of IMAX's business
- Detail and quality focus Attentive to detail and accuracy committed to excellence, looks for improvements
- continuously, Monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Judgment Ability to prioritize challenges, competing interests; displays diligence in decision making that has risk and/or financial impact
- Results Oriented Strong drive to meet or exceed goals and plans; consistently achieves objectives, delivers high quality solutions, adds value beyond immediate function. Stays focused and balances changing or competing priorities and responsibilities.
- Sense of Urgency Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and
- meets deadlines.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge Strong level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top