Sr. Financial Analyst, Corporate Accounting (Mat Leave)
- Mississauga, Canada
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Accounting, the Senior Financial Analyst will have accountability for various aspects of IMAX Corporation's corporate accounting and month-end close cycle. The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with team members, including the review of work of more junior staff, coaching and feedback opportunities. This role provides analytical support within Corporate Accounting and works closely with leaders to ensure the reporting of actual results is accurate and completed on a timely basis.
This is a contract role for a maternity leave placement.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to a quality month-end close cycle by delivering timely, accurate and useful financial data for IMAX Corporation as well as ad hoc analysis as requested by management.
- Analyze and prepare month-end results, including monthly journal entries for various revenue streams.
- Prepare and record monthly accounting entries for the Company's Japan and Russia businesses.
- Prepare account reconciliations on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis supported by appropriate documentation and audit trail.
- Preparation of monthly supporting schedules and note disclosures in support of the Financial Reporting Team.
- Prepare year-end working papers for external auditors on a timely basis.
- Provide oversight and review of monthly journal entries and analysis prepared by Financial Analysts.
- Assistance with special projects and other areas in the Finance group as required.
- Continuous process improvements.
What we're looking for:
- Designated professional in CPA,CA
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Financial Analyst and/or Corporate Accounting role, in a large/multinational organization and public company environment
- Degree in Business Administration or the equivalent
- Proficiency in accounting, and ability to learn new accounting processes quickly. Strong understanding of US GAAP is an asset.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel and accounting ERPs such as SAP and BPC
- Experience in coaching and reviewing the work of more junior staff and/or teammates, and delivering feedback
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly efficient and detail-oriented
- Ability to stay focused to meet deadlines under tight timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Analytical Thinking Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail. Weighs the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success, in making a decision.
- Building Collaborative Relationships Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the company, who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Client/Customer focused Build excellent relationships with internal clients, displays a broad understanding of IMAX's business
- Detail and quality focus Attentive to detail and accuracy committed to excellence, looks for improvements
- continuously, Monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Judgment Ability to prioritize challenges, competing interests; displays diligence in decision making that has risk and/or financial impact.
- Results Oriented Strong drive to meet or exceed goals and plans; consistently achieves objectives, delivers high quality solutions, adds value beyond immediate function. Stays focused and balances changing or competing priorities and responsibilities.
- Sense of Urgency Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and
- meets deadlines.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge Strong level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Position Type Temporary
Back to top