Production Billing Specialist (Temp-4 months)
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
The overall purpose of this job is to provide support for the production and distribution billing, analyses and reconciliation of various functions within the Accounting Department, including customer and affiliate customer service. This position will also assist the SAP implementation for IMAX Post in Playa Vista.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist the Accounting group to prepare post production invoices for all digital and film post production projects; domestic & foreign releases including trailers, versioning, inserts, dubs & subs
- Coordinate the necessary information flow between the post production departments, IMAX Distribution, third parties and the accounting group
- Receive client P.O.'s, distribute to department managers, track work completion and record keeping
- Perform credit checks on new account applications and open new accounts upon approval
- Ensure billing of Digital department DCDM processes for features, trailers, and versioning
- Update and manage various logs and databases. File the necessary documents to ensure processes control and an optimal audit trail
- Review and manage A/R. Keep clients informed about outstanding balances, help collect
- Delinquent invoices and keep management apprised of balance statuses
- Handle customer inquiries in a timely and courteous manner
- Provide proper backup documentation for all invoices
- Maintain proper internal accounting controls and documentation
- Assist with the month-end process and reporting
- Resolve customer and vendor disputes independently and professionally
- Interact with IMAX Distribution and Corporate regarding information coming from SAP
What we're looking for:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field or equivalent in business
- 2+ years of Billing and Accounting experience preferably with a post-production, production or entertainment company
- Have a well-rounded understanding of the content production and post-production cycle and the impact on accounting
- Strong Excel, database and MS Word skills
- Experience and proficiency with integrated accounting and inventory software
- ERP (e.g. SAP) experience is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with an appreciation of the importance of high quality to the IMAX brand
- Maintains ownership of responsibilities and takes initiative, resolving potential issues at an early stage
- Needs to be able to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be available to work overtime as required (including month-end, quarter-end, year-end)
Please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location Los Angeles, California, United States Position Type Temporary
Meet Some of IMAX's Employees
Senior Recruiter, Talent Acquisition
Annelise is focused on bringing top talent into the IMAX company, a role which entails reviewing resumes, screening candidates, conducting interviews, collaborating with hiring managers, and more.
Back to top