- Los Angeles, CA
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
IMAX Creative is looking for an experienced Motion Designer to join our in-house agency. In this role you will work closely with both our video and design teams to help us create best-in-class motion graphics content made entirely in-house.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely and collaboratively with a dynamic, multi-disciplinary Creative Team, but also be able to confidently take the lead on projects and work independently, when necessary.
- Be a creative thinker and storyteller who can solve complex design challenges and develop cutting-edge, compelling, original designs that enhance the IMAX brand.
- Execute projects from concept to final delivery, including all versioning, delivering end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies.
- Comfortably propose and present ideas, take direction, participate in internal brainstorms, prioritize work load, manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively, and work with key personnel in order to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Assist in conceptualizing the design for trailers, brand, and motion graphic projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting design problems.
- Design main titles, logos and cards for video projects.
- Create style frames, motion posters, custom treatments for IMAX logo, 2D/3D animation, motion tracking, rotoscoping, compositing and occasional keying.
- Collaborate with video editors to create motion assets for edits on tight deadlines.
- Utilize Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Element 3D/Cinema 4D, in performing the duties described above.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor of Arts, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics or related field is encouraged.
- Must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Cinema 4D/Element 3D.
- Desired Cinema4D knowledge includes: advanced, multi-layered material/texture design; UV mapping; 3D lighting design; advanced 3D camera movement/object animation; familiar with MoGraph/MoText modules; basic modeling.
- Comfortable animating in both 2D and 3D.
- Desired After Effects knowledge includes: basic motion graphics animation for both 2D and 3D workflows; motion tracking; rotoscoping; compositing; keying.
- Reel of previous motion design work is a must
- Experience with AR and emerging tech is a plus!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Positive Attitude This is central to everything else. All work stems from enjoying what you do.
- Hard Worker Takes hard work as a given until the job is done.
- Hyper-Creative Has lots of ideas, willing to explore many creative directions and enjoys the process.
- Team Player Enjoys collaborating and being part of a team to accomplish goals.
- Detail-Oriented Crosses all the I's and dots all T's. Doesn't let anything slip through the cracks.
- Thick-skinned Doesn't take feedback personally or get overly-attached to any particular creative execution.
- Creative Problem Solver Thinks outside the box, doesn't settle on one single method of approach to a problem.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Los Angeles, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top