What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
As a member of the Technology Operations team this position is responsible for managing the warehouse/material operations within the Technology Group. The successful candidate will provide expertise and leadership in materials management and warehouse operations. The Manager, Materials & Warehouse is an integral member of the management team and plays a key role in the success of the organization. This position reports to the Senior Director, Supply Chain.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the IMAX warehouse locations and personnel.
- Ensure efficient handling of IMAX inventory from receipt of raw materials, put-away, storage, and picking. Also responsible for packing, storage and shipment of finished goods.
- Ensure security and safe handling of IMAX inventory and maintain inventory accuracy.
- Support and drive improvements in processes and systems (SAP ERP/MRP system).
- Advise Management on major issues related to integrity of material & warehouse operations.
- Work closely, and effectively communicate with different department managers in areas such as Manufacturing, Quality, Service/Aftermarket, Engineering, Finance, IS, and Facilities.
- Create and maintain operational reports and metrics.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the department policies and procedures
- Conduct departmental research and prepare presentations as required.
- Provide input to departmental yearly SG&A and Capital budget process including resource requirements.
What we're looking for:
- Post-Secondary Degree ideally with a focus in Supply Chain or Business
- Supply Chain professional with a minimum of 8 years' experience in Supply Chain in a Manufacturing environment
- A proven leader with a minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Relevant Designation (SCMP, CPIM, APICS) or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Intimate understanding of MRP/ERP systems
- Exposure to financial measurements, budgeting and accounting principles in an operations environment
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence both within and outside of the individual's direct scope of responsibility, to achieve overall business objectives
- Excellent people development and performance management skills
- Entrepreneurial and creative, ability to think "outside the box"
- Motivated with the ability to handle a high workload in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top