Marketing Coordinator, Asia-Pacific
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
The Asia-Pacific (APAC) Marketing Coordinator will provide support to the APAC Marketing team, assisting with marketing programs designed to promote the IMAX brand & IMAX content. The IMAX APAC regional office is located in Tokyo, Japan.
Film marketing - (Approximately 50% of time)
Working collaboratively with IMAX's various studio and distributor partners to deliver innovative and best in class Film Marketing campaigns is a core responsibility for the APAC marketing team. This part of the role also requires close collaboration with the IMAX Global Brand & Film Marketing + Communications teams out of the United States, and International Film & Exhibitor Marketing out of the UK.
Exhibitor marketing - (Approximately 30% of time)
Exhibitor marketing encompasses both film and brand marketing, albeit within a 'trade marketing' context. Fundamentally exhibitor marketing is about providing theatre launch guidelines and best practice consultancy to IMAX exhibitor partners (with a focus on joint-venture and other strategically important launches), as well as on-going annual 'sustaining' marketing support. Collaboration with the IMAX Communications team will be required from time to time, especially surrounding the announcement of new partners/theatres.
Brand marketing - (Approximately 20% of time)
On the Brand Marketing front, the APAC marketing team act as the brand custodians for their territories, ensuring that the execution of IMAX brand communications by exhibitors, film studios and those direct from IMAX, are clear and consistent, and adhere to IMAX brand guidelines as they develop and evolve. This element of the role will require close collaboration with the IMAX Global Brand Marketing team, based in the United States.
The position also plays a key role in learning about specific territory cinema business and applying learning to our marketing practices, deliverables and overall approach to help ensure the success of our IMAX theatrical network.
What you'll be doing:
Support the APAC Marketing Department with a variety of content and brand marketing projects, as well as with ongoing 'Business as Usual' (BAU) tasks, including responsibility for:
- Creative servicing: taking orders for digital, print and AV requests from exhibitor partners, and working closely with the IMAX Creative team in LA to fulfill these
- Overseeing localization production process for creative assets (ordering, approvals and delivery, budget tracking)
- Ordering promo items as requested by the IMAX territory marketing managers
- Tracking adoption and implementation of the Brand campaigns throughout the year, and producing recap decks to summarize usage
- Updating the weekly film marketing simple summary document which is shared with senior execs
- Keeping the Marketing Budget and Theatre Launch trackers up to date
- Producing recap presentations and topline overviews
- Delivering IMAX produced film marketing assets to exhibitors
- Being the regional 'super user' for our Digital Asset Management System (Adstream)
- Provide assistance to the APAC Marketing team for theatre launches in the region e.g. ordering demo reels, promo items, artwork
- Assist the Marketing Director and Senior Marketing Manager with social media calendar management and with the scheduling of content on our IMAX digital point of sale screens
- Assist staff with the development of contests and/or promotions
- Attend staff meetings as directed, including weekly calls with the international marketing team
- Assist staff with general administrative duties, including processing invoices
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Creative and innovative with a passion for movies and entertainment is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English. Other APAC region languages beneficial
- Interest in international marketing, especially the APAC region
- Self-starter, well-organized, able to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible, agreeable, and a team player
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet savvy
- Proficiency in related languages (optional)
- Developing operating platforms and delivery systems that support marketing
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional relationship management capabilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in an environment of shifting priorities.
- Detail oriented and thorough, with strong written and oral communication skills, as well as exceptional presentation skills.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Able to both work in a team environment, and to work independently, be a self-starter and take the initiative.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Tokyo, Japan Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of IMAX's Employees
Brittney B.Associate Manager, Global Events & Sales Planning
Brittney works with the Sales and Marketing teams to secure theater deals and promote the IMAX brand. She also identifies corporate sponsors for a variety of conferences, events, and speaking opportunities.
Back to top