- Mississauga, Canada
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
What you'll be doing:
This role will primarily support various ongoing tax activities, including tax provision, accounting for income taxes, certain compliance and tax audits
- Manage the preparation and timely filing of certain US and foreign tax compliance
- Review certain corporate tax filings prepared by the analyst tax
- Prepare and manage foreign tax audits with external service provider support
- Manage tax implications of long term incentive plans and ensure compliance globally
- Monitor and analyze legislative updates globally
- Support the senior manager, tax in updating and maintaining transfer pricing
- Corporate structure maintenance
- Prepare and maintain internal controls documentation.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required
What we're looking for:
- Post-secondary business degree and/or an accounting designation with 5-8 years of financial accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP experience is an asset
- Ability to analyze information; present issues to Management; handle many projects/priorities at the same time under time constraints.
- Ability to network with senior internal and external personnel inside and outside own area of expertise and manage service provider relationships
- Strong excel abilities including experience organizing large volumes of data
- Demonstrated passion for establishing process
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communicator Understands the dynamics of interpersonal relationships, skilled in facilitation, leading meetings, gathering input, providing praise and recognition, inspiring presenter.
- Oral Communication Ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Tailors the content of speech to the level and experience of the audience.
- Judgment Ability to prioritize challenges, competing interests; displays diligence in decision making that has risk and/or financial impact
- Analytical Thinking Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail. Weighs the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success, in making a decision.
- Business Acumen Understands the factors influencing our business and can integrate the various competing needs to ensure success for their group. Approach problems from a business perspective
- Sense of Urgency Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines.
- Technical excellence Sound knowledge in specialist technical discipline, actively expanding technical knowledge
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top