Manager, Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Playa Vista, CA
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
What you'll be doing:
- Be the strategic partner to the brand marketing, film marketing, exhibitor marketing and creative teams
- Manage research projects including brand tracking, focus groups, and ad testing; Help with preparation, fieldwork and execution, including writing and reviewing of questionnaires, reviewing data, formatting slides and reports
- Utilize primary and secondary research to be the voice of the consumer, industry and cultural trends at IMAX; Create presentations or white papers that effectively present a well-supported POV for executive teams
- Lead the analysis of marketing and other performance data to evaluate effectiveness and maintain internal dashboards. Conduct social media research utilizing social listening tools
- Cultivated and manage relationships with research partners
- Partner with digital marketing team and provide strategic perspective on paid media planning
- Maintain insights database to support internal requests
- Create and consolidate summary reports
- Manage project logistics (including legal contracts, billing, etc.)
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Psychology, Data Analysis, Communications or a related field required
- 6+ years of experience in consumer insights or marketing strategy, within the advertising, media or entertainment industries
- Experience leading various research studies and managing vendors
- Experience creating executive decks and visualizing data
- Required: Extremely proficient with PowerPoint and Excel
- Preferred: Experience working with a social listening platform/tool, Tableau, Keynote
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong data analysis and critical thinking skills; Ability to take data and give it meaning
- Collaborative experience interfacing and working with different departments in a business, such as Innovation and Sales
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, well-organized, able to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Expert attention to detail
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Playa Vista, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top