Manager, Indirect Tax
- Dublin, Ireland
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course, we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 40 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
The person in this role will lead the global indirect tax function at the organization. They are responsible for the execution of indirect tax compliance and advisory, including the application of indirect taxes in SAP, work with internal and external business partners, identify and implement process improvement opportunities and drive positive change across the organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for tax compliance processes and systems in relation to all indirect taxes
- Lead indirect tax related audit and controversy matters
- Coordinate and manage the use of outside advisors to support accurate and timely submission of indirect tax returns and related accessory obligations, as well as internally file indirect tax returns including, but not limited to, EU VAT, Canadian GST, Japanese Consumption Taxes, and US Sales Tax
- Develop, implement and streamline indirect tax compliance processes
- Work with tax technology and IT teams to identify automated solutions to the compliance process and support implementation of various systems
- Assist with evaluating the tax effect and implications of international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals
- Work with the intercompany accounting team to ensure indirect tax requirements are implemented and ensure taxes are accurately applied in SAP
- Drive and implement changes required to indirect tax compliance processes as a result of changes to indirect tax legislation
- Identify cash flow and tax benefits related to indirect taxes for various business units (sales tax recovery projects)
- Implement a unified technology solution for applying indirect taxes to transactions in the SAP system
- Other projects as assigned including assisting with other non-indirect tax compliance matters for the tax group
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- 6+ years of progressive indirect tax experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm, and/or a multinational corporation
- Experience managing a transactional tax compliance function
- Experience and knowledge of VAT and US Sales & US taxes
- Advanced data analytics skills (including proficiency in Excel)
- Good working knowledge of ERP systems, including SAP
- Experience and knowledge in US GAAP accounting concepts and tax regulations, laws and standards
- Experience working with indirect tax engine systems (e.g. Vertex, OneSource)
- Professional certification in accounting (CPA is preferred)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understands the dynamics of interpersonal relationships, skilled in facilitation, leading meetings, gathering input, providing praise and recognition, inspiring presenter
- Ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Tailors the content of speech to the level and experience of the audience
- Ability to prioritize challenges, competing interests; displays diligence in decision making that has risk and/or financial impact
- Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail. Weighs the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success, in making a decision
- Understands the factors influencing our business and can integrate the various competing needs to ensure success for their group. Approach problems from a business perspective
- Demonstrates awareness of international business operations, diverse and multicultural work places and relationships. Interacts with others in a way that demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to differing cultures, customs and business practices
- Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines
Required Experience For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top