Manager, Finance Operations (Marketing Department)
- Los Angeles, CA
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
The Finance Operations Manager role is responsible for managing financial & business operations activities for the Global Marketing organization which includes the following functions: budgeting, revenue forecasting, management reporting, etc.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for execution of the budgeting and forecasting processes and standard management reporting
- Take complete ownership (build, maintain, and streamline) of financial models to drive results
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Continuously improve and automate forecasting and reporting processes
- Establishes overall departmental priorities, manages workload and staff assignments to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Acts as key financial and logistical liaison between marketing and corporate finance
- Works with management team(s) to identify, develop and implement strategic plans to achieve goals
- Implements actions for improvement and practical solutions as approved by management
- Produces routine and ad hoc financial reports, packages and pro forma analyses for film and brand marketing return on investments
- Analyzes income and expense trends to identify opportunities to improve efficiency
- Communicate and collaborate with business partners including regional finance teams and department owners
- Assist in the preparation of materials for Board of Directors, Investor and other company meetings and presentations
- Makes recommendations on revised controls and implements actions for improvement.
- Coordinates work with other departments
- Compiles and reviews statistics and market data and adds commentary to complete analysis reports required for acquisitions, transitions and/or business proposals
- Develops project plans and costs, including personnel and fiscal requirements to achieve defined objectives
- Provides updates relative to project resource and fiscal plans
- Leads and facilitates communication of best practices, policies, procedures and initiatives to the entire marketing operations
- Ensures shared knowledge to implement process improvements; Facilitates process improvement by engaging appropriate resources in issue identification and resolution
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, Business or related field of study8+ Years of overall experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with financial statements, data consolidation, financial planning & analysis and enterprise reporting systems.
- Strong Excel and modeling skills using data to help drive business insight.
- Ability to understand Accounting/Finance terms and processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks and projects
- Proactive in communicating ideas to streamline processes and drive efficiencies
- Strong communication skills and willingness to learn
- Must be able to communicate with business partners at all levels within the organization
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and change direction as needed in a fast-paced environment
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Los Angeles, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top