What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 40 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
To welcome guests to the IMAX® Theatre in a friendly and hospitable manner; to control the traffic flow in the lobby and auditorium, to make the welcome and exit speeches and to work in the Food and Beverage and Merchandise concessions.
What you'll be doing:
- Greet all guests entering the lobby and direct them to seating areas, Food and Beverage and Merchandise concessions or auditorium entranc,
- Make all speeches as necessary for entry, welcome, exit or intermission in a polished, professional manner
- Ensure speeches are projected as if they have been spoken for the very first time
- Opening Theatre doors and retrieving Theatre tickets from guests entertaining the auditorium
- Directing guests in the appropriate direction and indicating which row to enter
- Assisting all guests who are in wheelchairs or have trouble walking by offering to take them in the elevator (if applicable) or assisting them to their seat
- Coordinate opening/closing door, spotlight and sound system for welcome/exiting speeches
- Moving to your station to assist late corners to their seat or assist other guests who need to leave Theatre
- Preparing doors for next show (if applicable) or close-up
- Walk through all the aisles looking under seats for lost items or garbage
- Checking washrooms regularly between shows to ensure they are clean and well-stocked
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
- At least 2 years customer service experience
- Effective Communication skills
- Skill in working as part of a team
- Ability to follow safe workplace practices in a fast-paced environment
- Rectifies any customer dissatisfaction and/or reports it to the managers
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing manner
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location Sacramento, California, United States Position Type Part-Time
Back to top